milled acetal frames

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
That's amazing... for my dad and I that's been over about the last year and a half.

By the way, stupid question on my part I should probably know, but what does the TE stand for behind CDT/TE?
Totally Extra-tentorical

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
That's amazing... for my dad and I that's been over about the last year and a half.

By the way, stupid question on my part I should probably know, but what does the TE stand for behind CDT/TE?
technologist i think....but i prefer the name play. life is too short to say youre a certified dental tech and then feel the need to add technologist to that.
i prefer thermal expansionist.

i put ssb,te,doath, pres. after everything i write. cause why not
(ssb/TE/DoATH/Pres.)

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
technologist i think....but i prefer the name play. life is too short to say youre a certified dental tech and then feel the need to add technologist to that.
i prefer thermal expansionist.

i put ssb,te,doath, pres. after everything i write. cause why not
(ssb/TE/DoATH/Pres.)

Thanks. I saw it at the MDLA meeting this last weekend, and also in IDT article during lunch today.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Thanks. I saw it at the MDLA meeting this last weekend, and also in IDT article during lunch today.
redundancy is redundant. they should all become wonderful politicians.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
quit recursing at me

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
technician extraordinaire

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Total Enis With Peers

A

Anton Trofimenko

Reaction score
i have a few labs that are interested in having me mill for them their designs of acetal frames or something similar. is anyone out there milling acetal frames or the like?
suggestions for any of it would be helpful. i would rather not buy 10 pucks of varying stuff to find out what works well and what doesnt haha! and before you kick me upside the head....these are being requested of me, and honestly why shouldnt i keep the mill busy? it usually sits quiet in the morning so a few hours milling 1-3 frames a week would be good!

materials? tools? nesting/supports? any insight would be great! thanks
Biogenic Dental in Utica, NY mills these. We have tried them; the cases came out great!

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I have to disagree that acetal is only good for snap on smiles. Harley davidson uses acetal as a chain tensioner. Ive pressed a few frames of it, I think it has great possibility if done right.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Biogenic Dental in Utica, NY mills these. We have tried them; the cases came out great!
im familiar with Biogenic, thanks for the heads up. If i may ask...were you going for tooth colored frames or pink frames? (or both)

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
I have to disagree that acetal is only good for snap on smiles. Harley davidson uses acetal as a chain tensioner. Ive pressed a few frames of it, I think it has great possibility if done right.
thanks for the feedback....im sure, just with everything else, if handled properly it can have successes

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Id like to know who sells these disks, it looks like CMC and zahn are milling flexible stuff but who knows if you can buy it personally

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Id like to know who sells these disks, it looks like CMC and zahn are milling flexible stuff but who knows if you can buy it personally
CAP/zahn is sellign some. myerson has some so you can prob get that through any big reseller. i think TD is planning on having some too.
*edit* myserson VisiClear is a clear puck, not sure if they have other shades.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Acetal in non dental applications is called Delrin, or POM, a resin widely used for wear and temperature resistant applications. the white plastic dildo on the end of your ivocap injector is Delrin. most screwdriver handles are delrin, most portable thermal cups are POM resin plastic. most power tool plastic cases are a form of delrin..

its cheap, junky, plastic. widely used in injection mould. why do you think Acetal came out as a pressable material in the Myerson Press before it was a Puck?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Cheap junky plastic or cheap junky chrome metal? 6 or a half dozen.