MillBox, One Dongle, Multiple Computer

M

MrNeverFixit

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a few queations.

1. Is it possible to run millbox with one dongle license and use two or more computer? If possible can you please share how you setup.

2. The company i work for own two roland, 52dci and 52dw with one millbox license. Planning to get a third one 52dw. Whats your opinion, just use one computer/one millbox to run 3 roland mill? I know millbox is not the fastest in nesting and exporting.

Also how do you guys setup your lab with multiple roland mills? Need some ideas and please let me know.

Thank you in advance.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Not sure about millbox but hyperdent requires an expensive module to run multiple machines. If you have each mill set up in the CAM, you just select which machine so the calibrations are set accordingly and then just run the .nc file in the mill it goes to. I doubt you would be able to run millbox on multiple computers without multiple dongles. Thats what the dongle is for, to ensure one copy runs on one computer.

B

BNB

Reaction score
Roland machines use a separate V-Panel program for milling. Millbox just does the nesting and toolpath output.
Literally just plugging in the mills should have the machines pop up in V-Panel, then u just select which mill to run.

Millbox on the other hand, you can only run 1 instance per dongle.

I have 2 x dwx-52dci and 1 x dwx-50. The old dwx-50 run off an older v-panel but the 52dci both run off the new V-Panel.
All connected by long USB cables 👍

M

MrNeverFixit

Reaction score
Roland machines use a separate V-Panel program for milling. Millbox just does the nesting and toolpath output.
Literally just plugging in the mills should have the machines pop up in V-Panel, then u just select which mill to run.

Millbox on the other hand, you can only run 1 instance per dongle.

I have 2 x dwx-52dci and 1 x dwx-50. The old dwx-50 run off an older v-panel but the 52dci both run off the new V-Panel.
All connected by long USB cables 👍
@BNB thanks for the reply.

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
I have 3 rolands, that are connected to cheap laptop with Vpanel. I calculate on separate PC and select on the laptop which mill will mill it.