Reaction score
i was nesting cases today with millbox for dwx52dc mill
everything was fine except one case containing 4unit anterior wax mill
number 7-10, 8 and 9 were veneer
i never had this type of problem with vhf mill
when i try to import stl, it says stl is either damaged or not supported
and the unit is in red
when i click ok on error pop up, it shuts millbox down
after few try, it didn't have error pop up, still in red, can't proceed to next step
it says something like it's in pr---- mode and only one object exist, can't add more item when i try to add milling disk
crown had some grey dots
my reseller tech support told me those grey dots are too thin
i tried adding like 5times
still doesn't work, and it is really not the thickness (at least by my guess)
like i said, never had this problem with vhf
anyone ran into this problem yet?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
and the unit is in red
after few try, it didn't have error pop up, still in red, can't proceed to next step
it says something like it's in pr---- mode and only one object exist, can't add more item when i try to add milling disk
crown had some grey dots
Can't do a thing for your problem, but just wanted to stop by and say
Greetings Earthling! Welcome!

J

Joon Hong

Reaction score
Can't do a thing for your problem, but just wanted to stop by and say
Greetings Earthling! Welcome!
thank you
i see you guys are sharing a lot here
nice to meet all of you

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
thank you
i see you guys are sharing a lot here
nice to meet all of you
Shakehands

We share a lot of bad jokes, dreadful puns and on occasion some really bad mistakes also called self-educating experiences.

Stick around and keep joining in. Nice to have you.

MikeW

MikeW

Reaction score
and the unit is in red
crown had some grey dots

Hi Joon,

My name is Mike - I'm with the CIMsystem USA office. Our company developed the MillBox CAM software that you're using.
I'd like to connect with you and check the file to see exactly whats going on. If you could message me your contact information, I can give you a call tomorrow to have a look.

J

Joon Hong

Reaction score
Hi Joon,

My name is Mike - I'm with the CIMsystem USA office. Our company developed the MillBox CAM software that you're using.
I'd like to connect with you and check the file to see exactly whats going on. If you could message me your contact information, I can give you a call tomorrow to have a look.
I was able to nest it after redesigning the case.
You, however, are more than welcome to take a look at the file.
I am going to be in the office at 2:30 pm tomorrow.
I don't know how to direct message here, so I will leave my email.
It's [email protected].
If you email me, I will let you know the phone number through email.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
who is your reseller?

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
and the unit is in red

A friend fixed same problem. Turned off Windows defender.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
A friend fixed same problem. Turned off Windows defender.
That's very interesting.
Knew that Norton AV has/had some conflicts, but hadn't heard that one with Defender.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
Defender is blocking some values based on some old coding within SUM3D, you could argue that SUM3D could change it, but that's easier said than done. Moreso, they are blocked as possible weaknesses in the environment with an overarching assumption. The reality is 1/2 the time we were doing this even prior to Windows 10 by turing off the firewall and security settings in pre Win10 anyway.

The issue here is Microsoft has decided to not let it be completely turned off (you have to jump through way more hoops for it to be truly turned off) - because they think it is safer this way. (which is true).

it's kind of like tuning software for cars. it used to be very easy to inject software into an Audi through VAGCOM, but they now have counters built into the system that will flag even if you change all the values back. This has been very upsetting for those that want to do tunes that are obviously within parameters of what the car can handle but still want to retain "warranty" for services like Audicare. (ironically mercedes completely locks it out and the only and best solution is to buy another ECU and clone it) The common response has been you pay to play. Unfortunately for us, there doesn't seem to be a true pay to play solution when it comes to Windows 10 - or that at least we are aware of.

You CAN go Win10 Enterprise Server and shut of Win Defender complete from the server side, but for those that don't need that, it's a bit of overkill. Even getting to the server side solution was convoluted for us.

J

Joon Hong

Reaction score
Defender is blocking some values based on some old coding within SUM3D, you could argue that SUM3D could change it, but that's easier said than done. Moreso, they are blocked as possible weaknesses in the environment with an overarching assumption. The reality is 1/2 the time we were doing this even prior to Windows 10 by turing off the firewall and security settings in pre Win10 anyway.

The issue here is Microsoft has decided to not let it be completely turned off (you have to jump through way more hoops for it to be truly turned off) - because they think it is safer this way. (which is true).

it's kind of like tuning software for cars. it used to be very easy to inject software into an Audi through VAGCOM, but they now have counters built into the system that will flag even if you change all the values back. This has been very upsetting for those that want to do tunes that are obviously within parameters of what the car can handle but still want to retain "warranty" for services like Audicare. (ironically mercedes completely locks it out and the only and best solution is to buy another ECU and clone it) The common response has been you pay to play. Unfortunately for us, there doesn't seem to be a true pay to play solution when it comes to Windows 10 - or that at least we are aware of.

You CAN go Win10 Enterprise Server and shut of Win Defender complete from the server side, but for those that don't need that, it's a bit of overkill. Even getting to the server side solution was convoluted for us.
wow didn't know any of this
i am gonna definitely try shutting it off completely
thanks a lot

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
Joon where are you located, shoot me a call

Top Bottom