Mihm Vogt sintering problem

EmanuelRo

EmanuelRo

Reaction score
Hi guys, I`m new here. I own a HTS-2/M/Zirkon-120 for over a year and a half now. The oven has a bit over 3400h+ working hours and I sinter about 20-40 elements a day. I only sinter Katana zirconia HTML,STML and YML. It`s been doing a great job but in January this year it started doing some failures green-ish tint on the restorations and all of them where looking like the sintering process was incomplete. They where completely opaque.. Now in April and May everything comes bad out of it.
I started doing some cleaning and regeneration programs
I cleaned the chamber
Visually inspected the elements
Changed the beads and the bowl in witch the restorations sit
When doing the temperature calibration I got a +30 reading on the actual temperature ( expected 1550 and got 1570 from the Ferro HTH rings)
I even moved the furnace to another location in my city to also eliminate the possibility of current fluctuation
After all of this , nothing changed.

Do you guys have any ideas?

Wainwright

Wainwright

Reaction score
What cycle are you running on the Ferro rings? Most importantly ramp temp / speed

You can't just run them to 1550, the cycle is very specific to their specifications.

Have you replaced the elements or thermocouple?

R

rookiee

Reaction score
Hi guys, I`m new here. I own a HTS-2/M/Zirkon-120 for over a year and a half now. The oven has a bit over 3400h+ working hours and I sinter about 20-40 elements a day. I only sinter Katana zirconia HTML,STML and YML. It`s been doing a great job but in January this year it started doing some failures green-ish tint on the restorations and all of them where looking like the sintering process was incomplete. They where completely opaque.. Now in April and May everything comes bad out of it.
I cleaned the chamber
When doing the temperature calibration I got a +30 reading on the actual temperature ( expected 1550 and got 1570 from the Ferro HTH rings)
I even moved the furnace to another location in my city to also eliminate the possibility of current fluctuation
Left is a good one and right is the bad ( example)
Pic1
I cleaned the chamber

There are two things. First are heating elements gone or second, bad zirconia. Happened all the same to me and with Katana to be honest. And regarding zirconia, nobody will admit. You need to get into war with them. I was lucky to sort it out. If temp is higher it should result in normal and translucent zirconia not being opaque.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
No help with your problem, but your milled, milling restorations look really nice :)

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
might just be a bad disc,

EmanuelRo

EmanuelRo

Reaction score
What cycle are you running on the Ferro rings? Most importantly ramp temp / speed

You can't just run them to 1550, the cycle is very specific to their specifications.

Have you replaced the elements or thermocouple?
The oven has a service program for the ferro rings made by the manufacturer
I haven`t replaced anything, I was hopping that the components would run for more than a year without breaking.

EmanuelRo

EmanuelRo

Reaction score
There are two things. First are heating elements gone or second, bad zirconia. Happened all the same to me and with Katana to be honest. And regarding zirconia, nobody will admit. You need to get into war with them. I was lucky to sort it out. If temp is higher it should result in normal and translucent zirconia not being opaque.
I`ve been taking with Mihm Vogt and they asked for pictures of the heating elements and they said that they look fine. I wasn`t able to find pictures with good and bad heating elements to have with what to compare them.
We use about 15-30 discs per month , its impossible that all of them are bad.
I`ve managed to borrow a DEKEMA austromat µSiC and from the same discs of zirconia now my restorations look perfect.
I guess I will have to send it to service to see what the problem is.

D

DocDNavy

Reaction score
EmanuelRO do you have MihmVogt's phone number. I am having a hard time finding it

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
I have had always +30 degrees with ferro rings....

R

rookiee

Reaction score
I cleaned the chamber

Give me LOT numbers of discs...Katana had issues which they didn't admit ever...

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
My mihm-vogt never quite worked right switched it with the ivoclar S2 very happy for my volume of work.

Wainwright

Wainwright

Reaction score
Our mihm-vogt almost burnt the lab down last summer. Dekema all day now

Wainwright

Wainwright

Reaction score
Just to round the horn, someone asked in a DM.

We ran Ferro calibration rings and one of our two mihm vogts was 100c too hot, no errors, nothing. We opened the top of the unit to see the braided cable was melted to the top of the coupling connecting to the heating element and black burning all around. My advice would be to open up the top every so often and make sure there isn't anything unusual going on. If we let ours continue it certainly would have caught fire

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
Well I have mihm vogt running non stop for over 3 years with 0 problems. I have 3 nabertherm ovens and every single one of them have had problems. One is burning wires every year, others have broken heating elements and thermocouples.

Wainwright

Wainwright

Reaction score
Well I have mihm vogt running non stop for over 3 years with 0 problems. I have 3 nabertherm ovens and every single one of them have had problems. One is burning wires every year, others have broken heating elements and thermocouples.
We sold them at CAP 10 years ago and they were pretty decent. Could be luck of the draw... Glad to hear you've had good success

Top Bottom