Mihm-Vogt front vs bottom loading sintering oven

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
Hi!

Are there sintering quality differences between front and bottom loaded sintering ovens? I currently own Mihm-Vogt HT-2 M ZIRKON-120 (bottom loader) and I am looking for another oven. The Tabeo (front loaded) is smaller, so space wise I would take that. Also one less problem - bottom loading mechanism.

M

mmbh

Reaction score
i have both styles. Both work just fine.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
physics wise you should expect front load furnaces to leak heat through the door more than bottom loaders, but in practice theres very little difference in new furnaces. in a few years once parts have begun to degrade yes, keep an eye out for this failure mode in a front loader.

M

mmbh

Reaction score
I agree . I use my front loaders a lot less. They are basically my backups. They make great backups (while your main ones are being repaired) and they are generally a little cheaper.

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
I agree . I use my front loaders a lot less. They are basically my backups. They make great backups (while your main ones are being repaired) and they are generally a little cheaper.
What is the reason for using them less?

M

mmbh

Reaction score
You don't have to use them less, that just happens to be my setup.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I have a dekema usic and an Amann Girrbach ...and I wouldnt recommend one with a moving table like a porcelain oven, the less moving or motorized parts the better.. However the Dekema is a much nicer oven.. but if the tray is misaligned, it can cause a lot of expensive damage to fiber material.

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
I have a dekema usic and an Amann Girrbach ...and I wouldnt recommend one with a moving table like a porcelain oven, the less moving or motorized parts the better.. However the Dekema is a much nicer oven.. but if the tray is misaligned, it can cause a lot of expensive damage to fiber material.
That is what I am thinking, I have damaged the insulation on two ovens because on misalignment. So my main question is, are the sintering results the same with front and bottom loading ovens or not?

M

mmbh

Reaction score
My results are same. blind test I wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I think you get what you pay for, the higher dollar german machines tend to be more accurate measuring systems, better computer controls for rate rise, etc. My dekema goes to 1530c which is just under what most translucent zirc requires, but it still comes out beautiful, even the 4-5 hour cycle produces good results on thin single units. Its an older oven, so the interface is antiquated, you have to run an ethernet cable to add programs from a PC. I doubt newer models are the same.