Might as well go big on your first case with Sagemax

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Ratings
3,103 36
Right out of the sintering oven, ready for some love.

This case is for a patient that was the victim of a gunshot wound, total mandible reconstruction and implants placed. IT was my most challenging case to mill 30mm lower blank and 40degree divergence. This is colored with ZZ water for tissue, and white peaks acids with a touch of Zenostar incisal colorants. Very pleased with the results for the first try with this zirconia.
IMG_3560.jpg

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Ratings
3,103 36
Mills ran overnight like I do for all my large cases. All singles and small bridges run during office hours. I looked at the lower calculated time this last week and it was 7+ hours because of the height of the disk and the strategy I made to over come reach issues. It probably ran longer as the cam always seems to under estimate for some reason. Most of our full arch cases are around 4.5 to 5.5 depending on the number of fixtures. We can load up each select with 2 and have 4 arches milled when we get into the office in the AM. Most I have done in one day is 5 in one night but the last one was still running when I arrived at work the next day.

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Donator
Ratings
945 2
Right out of the sintering oven, ready for some love.

This case is for a patient that was the victim of a gunshot wound, total mandible reconstruction and implants placed. IT was my most challenging case to mill 30mm lower blank and 40degree divergence. This is colored with ZZ water for tissue, and white peaks acids with a touch of Zenostar incisal colorants. Very pleased with the results for the first try with this zirconia.
View attachment 22103
Really nice photography too !

R

Ryan Gottlieb

Ratings
105 2
Awesome work!
How will you manage the screw hole on #7?
What will you layer it with?
Can you show your sprue and support bar placement?
Thanks

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Ratings
3,103 36
Thanks Ryan,

#7 just has a shadow from the incisal ditch that we do fora protective incisal cutback, We use GC porcelain.

Here are some of the milling pictures, this is our typical brace we sinter horizontally and support with "drops" this allows the unit to fire is the sweet zone. We try to calculate the mass of the brace to be similar to the pattern but in this case it was less but we had a perfect fit so who the hell knows how important that it. We leave only 3 bars attached on the brace in a triangle configuration, this works for use but there are so many different theories on these big cases. I think most of the warping occurs on these big cases with poor ovens ramping too fast and cooling too fast but thats just my opinion. IMG_3389.JPG IMG_3389.JPG IMG_3384.JPG IMG_3386.JPG IMG_3387.JPG View attachment 22125

G

GeneNY

Ratings
Hey John what is the offset level you have on these 2 arches? looks more then 4.5 that i ve been suggested by my support people.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Ratings
3,103 36
Hey John what is the offset level you have on these 2 arches? looks more then 4.5 that i ve been suggested by my support people.
It is at the softwares max which I believe 4 but it also has a bevel as well which may make it look way bigger. Also all of the space facial is done before the pattern starts milling by adding "cuts" to gain reach and clear the burs feel when it goes 5x.

Jesse Zamarripa

Jesse Zamarripa

Ratings
29 2
Mills ran overnight like I do for all my large cases. All singles and small bridges run during office hours. I looked at the lower calculated time this last week and it was 7+ hours because of the height of the disk and the strategy I made to over come reach issues. It probably ran longer as the cam always seems to under estimate for some reason. Most of our full arch cases are around 4.5 to 5.5 depending on the number of fixtures. We can load up each select with 2 and have 4 arches milled when we get into the office in the AM. Most I have done in one day is 5 in one night but the last one was still running when I arrived at work the next day.
What milling machine and cam software are you using?

Terry Whitty

Terry Whitty

Ratings
254 2
Isn't it just bloody amazing to design something , throw it on the mill and come back in the morning to see it milled to perfection.
Lovely work !