microwaveable flasks

A

anathedenturegyrl

Reaction score
Hello, I am new to using microwaveable flasks and would like to know some good advice.
I am having problems with the models cracking (buffalo) after they have been in the press and end up with a flash,
Any ideas? And soft liner take me through it seems to be a long process and ended up with bubbles in the liner, reasons?
Thank you in Advance Ana

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
I
Hello, I am new to using microwaveable flasks and would like to know some good advice.
I am having problems with the models cracking (buffalo) after they have been in the press and end up with a flash,
Any ideas? And soft liner take me through it seems to be a long process and ended up with bubbles in the liner, reasons?
Thank you in Advance Ana
I have been using microwaveable GC acrylic for more than 22 years and I have never had a cracked flask ( GC original). I have heard that each manufacturer test their own flasks with their own acrylic. GC 2min for melting wax and 3min to cure in GC flask. As far as model cracking , one you model has to have a certain thickness specially in the palatal area. 2 make sure when you put the first layer of plaster make sure it has enough plaster underneath it and not a void under that model. As for pressing I use manual and press once. After that I clean the flashes and I do not tri pack. 98% of the time I do not do selective grinding no more. Again my experience is with GC flask and acrylic.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
What soft liner are you microwaving?
What brand flasks and acrylic are you using?

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Too thin cast, too much pressure, too fast closure, too snappy dough .
Any or all.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
How much pressure are you placing on the microwave flasks, are you using a flask guard? Too much pressure warps the flasks and then model causing the issues you describe. Microwave flasks are more like eggshells compared to the brass flasks.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
This is the flask that we use. Use the protection plate and follow manufacturers instructions and you shouldn't have any problems.
TomZ has recommended the Green GC flasks and while I have several, I also have Tecno flasks. I find myself reaching for Tecno over GC. The GC are built better being resin reinforced, but the Tecno (I think PVC) are easier to work with. Now they will flex more than GC, but when using modern acrylics like GC or Diamond D, you don't have to crank it to 2500psi anymore. Think I only do 1000 then 1500.

kimba

kimba

Reaction score
This is probably a silly question but are the acrylics microwave specific, or does one just use conventional acrylics in microwave specific flasks? ie is it a complete microwaveable system of flasks and acrylics?

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
This is probably a silly question but are the acrylics microwave specific, or does one just use conventional acrylics in microwave specific flasks? ie is it a complete microwaveable system of flasks and acrylics?
GC has specific microwave acrylic and you can use Diamond D as well. With DD you process for different times using either the 20 minute monomer or the regular heat cure monomer.

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
How much pressure are you placing on the microwave flasks, are you using a flask guard? Too much pressure warps the flasks and then model causing the issues you describe. Microwave flasks are more like eggshells compared to the brass flasks.
GC flask, if plaster is done properly, I do max manual press. It takes a good amount of pressure.

Top Bottom