Microwave processing

araucaria

araucaria

Balanced
Reaction score
Any particular aspects to be careful with? I'm curious to know if anyone's noticed something that needs to be managed in a certain way. Moisture in plaster, sealants, puttys, cooling etc... TIA

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Nope. The process (minus the microwave oven) is all very conventional. Anything you'd do with a bronze flask will work.
I prefer to let it cool completely (as with all methods),but if you're pressed for time,45 minutes minimum and into a cool water bath will get you there.
Remember to give it a half hour bench cure after final closure before you process.
That's it.

araucaria

araucaria

Balanced
Reaction score
Cheers K. I agree about the cooldown issue, I feel its nuts to risk rushing at this stage.
Anyone aware if theres a guide to times and power settings - related to different wattage ovens, different thickness moulds, different size dentures etc.? and are all resins behaving in the same way ?Is there any brand difference? Also soft-liners, do they need any special care, and do the bonders get affected in any way?Is there a preference in how the investment plasters are used? eg vac-mixed, type of stone? Can this system do any harm if the processing time is too long?

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Cheers K. I agree about the cooldown issue, I feel its nuts to risk rushing at this stage.
Anyone aware if theres a guide to times and power settings - related to different wattage ovens, different thickness moulds, different size dentures etc.? and are all resins behaving in the same way ?Is there any brand difference? Also soft-liners, do they need any special care, and do the bonders get affected in any way?Is there a preference in how the investment plasters are used? eg vac-mixed, type of stone? Can this system do any harm if the processing time is too long?
GC NaturCrylMC. Specifically formulated for this purpose (I.e., type V resin),don't bother with anything else. It requires 3 minutes at 500 watts. IMO a 1000 watt oven with a turntable at 50% power is the ticket. The only soft liner so far is Mololast B that allows microwave curing. The cycle is really long, and I've cured to new resin without problems, so the answer from my personal experience is no, there doesn't seem to be an issue with longer processing cycles. Again, materials you'd employ in a bronze flask will work just fine.

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
We have cured probase hot and lucitone 199 in a nuke. Turned out okay. But I prefer to place an insulating barrier because the denture comes out much cleaner....Using Zetalabor now for that.

actittle

actittle

Señor Member
Reaction score
Can you process attachments or bars in dentures using the microwave?

denturist-student

denturist-student

Reaction score
Have processed large crco partials....no problem.

E

EdSanchez

Reaction score
So you let the packed acrylic set for 45 min before processing in the microwave

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
So you let the packed acrylic set for 45 min before processing in the microwave
No, using GCNaturCryl especially made for the microwave you pack as usual, microwave for 3 minutes, let it bench cool for 30 minutes, then put it in water to cool completely.
You can also use Diamond D in the microwave.

Top Bottom