Microwave Denture Curing

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Maybe i need to shop around then, I'm not getting a good price. If some of the dealers on here would kindly quote me the price for Naturecryl MC 1 lb powder and liquid. Ken, it takes me awhile to get through the 5lb. because i use different acrylics for different things. I've had issues with powder/liquid sitting for awhile so i don't buy in bulk anymore, even though it is more cost effective. i'd rather buy monthly and have lot #'s match up (i don't use monomer that doesn't come with the kit.) Seems like I was getting overcharged if the naturecrly mc is $95.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
Contact Shawn at Nowack. They're a great company, see if you can do better.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
I've suddenly become extremely busy this week so not sure if i'll get around to the 199 microwave tryout this week but will try for next. Also for those who asked for particular magazines I'm recycling I didn't forget that either, just no time to go through at the moment will get back. I'm sure I'm forgetting something but have to go back to work.

S

sas

Reaction score
I have been microwave curing since at least in the 90's. I have generally used GC products, first the Acron and then the Naturcryl. If handled right they are very dependable. The GC flasks we not very good and I am now using the DENTSPLY MC flasks for the Success system. They have been good ones. I let it bench set at least 20 min. and then use a dependable 1100 watt microwave for 3 min. I let it bench set for as long as possible. In 1998 I was doing a case and mixed too much acrylic. I hated to waste it so I hurried up a base plate and processed in a hurry as I was going to lunch. I know I didn't deflask until the next day at least. Anyway, I took the plate and trimmed the periphery and stuck it back on the model. It has stayed on my bench for nearly 15 years, dry, sitting on the model. It does not appear to have distorted one bit after all those years. We have always been told to keep them wet. I don't know what this means but it is interesting to me. I will post a picture if I ever learn how. Microwave is OK and I love Naturcryl.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
[
Did anyone ever microwave the Lucitone199?

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Contact Shawn at Nowack. They're a great company, see if you can do better.

Ken, I just saw this, and yes the price is a lot better than what I'm paying. Thanks!