Microlayering "Basic Kit"

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
good point. i got a call from the linked case i completed in this thread...Dr said the patient was ecstatic and she had zero adjustments on anything for the insert. 6 unit micro layered anterior cosmetic case and it took longer to remove temp cement than to seat all 6 crowns. grinding? what grinding?
I now try t avoid layering as much as possible. Crazy how our ceramic world has changed isn't it? I never imagined that matching a single central would be easier than it used to be with porcelain.

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
How much is he grinding? contacts maybe and a slight occlusal adjustment that goes shiny anyway. Miyo on posteriors is the only way to go.I f my crowns were that far off I'd retire.
You only have control of what you have in your lab, no control what the assistants do with the impression and temp crown and supper eruption.

A

adl

Reaction score
You only have control of what you have in your lab, no control what the assistants do with the impression and temp crown and supper eruption.
Sad way to make a living.Better communication never hurt anyone

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
What impression?
Are you saying what temp too? Are you saying none of your crowns being adjusted ever? It does not exist even if you are using digital files still you have no control at the dental office. Be realistic here.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I said slight occlusal or interproximal adjustments are not a problem with Miyo.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Are you saying what temp too? Are you saying none of your crowns being adjusted ever? It does not exist even if you are using digital files still you have no control at the dental office. Be realistic here.
spot adjusting is one thing. "grinding" for more than a few minutes is unacceptable. at least for our products and service. as i stated, that 6 unit miyo case posted earlier in this thread had ZERO grinding. it was spot on. a 6 unit anterior cosmetic case done right should be that way.
just got a text yesterday from a Dr regarding a screw retained crown that had miyo layering....he said zero adjustments. it dropped right in and he was thanking me. this is the norm here. grinding is not.

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
spot adjusting is one thing. "grinding" for more than a few minutes is unacceptable. at least for our products and service. as i stated, that 6 unit miyo case posted earlier in this thread had ZERO grinding. it was spot on. a 6 unit anterior cosmetic case done right should be that way.
just got a text yesterday from a Dr regarding a screw retained crown that had miyo layering....he said zero adjustments. it dropped right in and he was thanking me. this is the norm here. grinding is not.
So when we are talking anterior bridges, if there is any adjustment it will be on the lingual side, which is not an issue. Contacts is not an issue. Premolars and molars, at any time there is any adjustment, for one reason or another, what happens to that white crown you just put a micro layer on? What if the patient lost the temp, tooth super erupt,you have no control, the Dr has no control, no one has any control, what happens to your perfect crown?
Hey, you like it, good for you. Different strokes for different folks. That is why there are tens of companies that do the same thing, you like one , I like the other one.
Peace.

A

adl

Reaction score
So when we are talking anterior bridges, if there is any adjustment it will be on the lingual side, which is not an issue. Contacts is not an issue. Premolars and molars, at any time there is any adjustment, for one reason or another, what happens to that white crown you just put a micro layer on? What if the patient lost the temp, tooth super erupt,you have no control, the Dr has no control, no one has any control, what happens to your perfect crown?
Hey, you like it, good for you. Different strokes for different folks. That is why there are tens of companies that do the same thing, you like one , I like the other one.
Peace.
Don’t use MIYO,you don’t know how it works!

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Peace.
first....white crown? what are you referring to?
second...what happens when you grind on a PFM? or any number of different layered crowns? sheesh. dont like miyo for you thats fine. but i dont think you understand it or its applications.

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
first....white crown? what are you referring to?
second...what happens when you grind on a PFM? or any number of different layered crowns? sheesh. dont like miyo for you thats fine. but i dont think you understand it or its applications.
Yes white crown because that is what Jensen is advertising to do with. Get serious, you like or you love that is your opinion, be happy. No one is talking about PFM’s here. Oh by the way I have been doing this for 27years, I have had my share of no adjustments on a crown.

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
Don’t use MIYO,you don’t know how it works!
Oh yes I know what Miyo is and that is why I said it is 10years too late. And I said that to the people from Jenson in Chicago this February. They did not discover a new planet with it. You can do the same with GC and others for years now. Be happy use it.

A

adl

Reaction score
Oh yes I know what Miyo is and that is why I said it is 10years too late. And I said that to the people from Jenson in Chicago this February. They did not discover a new planet with it. You can do the same with GC and others for years now. Be happy use it.
I use it and I’m happy! Are you always this grumpy?

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Yes white crown because that is what Jensen is advertising to do with. Get serious, you like or you love that is your opinion, be happy. No one is talking about PFM’s here. Oh by the way I have been doing this for 27years, I have had my share of no adjustments on a crown.
not sure what jensen ads you are seeing, but i’ve not seen the ads saying to make a white crown and then put miyo on it and voila it’s a work of art. actually i’ve only seem just the opposite. aaaand that includes their training videos. maybe i missed the white crown video.
referencing a PFM was for comparison to other layered material. would you prefer i say PFZ? by the way, those aren’t white underneath either.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
what product does GC have that is like miyo? just curious since i have GC ceramics in the lab. i want to test it side by side with miyo

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
We used GC lustre paste for years on all our white crowns.
Now we use MIYo and our Drs tell us there are no more adjustments .
We have the best $20 crowns on the planet.

Hail to the King baby!

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
The
I use it and I’m happy! Are you always this grumpy?
Saying my opinion that does not agree with yours does not make me grumpy. I am not sure why you are upset, I said you like it, good for you . Use it. That is my end of it.