Micro bubbles inside casting CR-Co

Principefly

Principefly

Reaction score
Let me know if you happen to have micro bubbles(roughness) inside of casting in CR-CO especially when the stump is small (as in the case of inplants).
Is there any miracle investiment that works better than others or need to take some magical practice not to have these annoying bubbles inside the casting?
thanks guys!
P.S. obviously mixture ratio under vacuum, use surface tension reducer,and put under pressure 4 bar for 10 minutes (not to inhibit the setting expansion too)

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
What investment are you using? Try it without a surface tension reducer, to insure that whatever you are using isn't the cause of your problem. I don't use them. I use Whip Mix Powercast.

A

adamb4321

Reaction score
some investments are just more bubbly than others, which one are you using?

Principefly

Principefly

Reaction score
Now I'm using Bellavest SH,but I have used Fujivest premium,shera 2000 and Fastcast(this no micro bubbles but not precise enough)

pingvin

pingvin

Reaction score
Bredent B&C Speed works nice for me. Crowns tend to be slightly tight, but is dimensionally stable and perfect for long span bridges. Smooth! Fujivest Premium I use for solo crowns and small span bridges. Never had micro bubbles problem, but I did notice that smoothness is better if I don't use surface tension with this one.

Atex

Reaction score
We use Starvest (Starvest | Emdin ),no micro bubbles just big ones when someone hurries too much :D Great for everything, although I wouldn't use it for ceramics, not because it's bad or anything just too hard to sandblast the damn thing. Metal comes out shiny when we break the ring.

Top Bottom