Metoxit Zircona Staining

B

BrandonM

Reaction score
Hey guys. Were playing around with different zirconia products and seeing what esthetic results we can get. I was looking into the pre-shaded zirconia from Metoxit. My question was whether or not you have the ability to stain the pre-shaded zirconia with a water based stain (like from Zirkon Zhan - Prettau Aquarell is what we're using) prior to sintering. Now these more elaborate stainings would be for FZ products - I don't think it's worth it on substructures.

I've tried to talk to some sales reps about it but they don't seem to know and Metoxit is all the way in Germany.

Any help appreciated.

Brandon

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
sales persons by nature wouldn't know. thats why theyre in sales.

pre-shades metoxit is quite opacious, good for frameworks and copings but not full contours. for full contours look at brushing on the zirkonzahn liquids, as well as using a selection of Tanaka liquids, and with a bit of practice you will always be 1 bake away from finished. we switched from doing final shade in the emax shade kit, to our normal PFM shade kit, and it seems to work just fine.

two bits of advice though if you go down this road: 1. you will invest a lot of time per unit in the shading process, especially considering the sintering phase can run anywhere from 6 hrs to 12 hrs. 2. communication and photos will be VITAL to doing full contour zirconia properly. there is no such thing as simply following "A2" on the script. zirconia done this way is the reason for having its name dragged through the mud. the tanaka Lightener and Darkener fluids really help get your Zirconia looking like Emax. use it, and use it on every case.

B

BrandonM

Reaction score
Oh also...what do you recommend for dips times on substructures? We are using zirkonzhan aquarell.

Last edited:
CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
You can even dip zirconia in the regular prettau fluid. A very short dip gives good basic shade. Highlight that with a bit of tanaka and even some other prettau shade. We use an exact 4 second dip in the prettau with the cusp tips painted 1 stroke of tanaka lightener. Add darkener only for the vita 3d stuff. Pinks we get by diluting the bottle of pink about 5:1 and its quite fluorescent so be careful using it. Apply pink if necessary pre-dip. Looks best.

I

ick4027

Reaction score
I'm looking for a Metoxit American saler.
How do I connect to a Metoxit salesperson?