Metal cast problem

Cast with broken arm open flame and having a trouble with holes in the crowns

• Total voters
DonSinke Lab

DonSinke Lab

Reaction score
just let me know if all have arrived at e-mail you provided, thanx for effort again

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
The casting flame setting?
The oxygen propane setting?
Broken arm turns?
Positing of wax patterns in casting ring?
The burn out high temp?
Heat soaking period?
Heat potential of casting torch?
Many questions.

Edy

Edy

Reaction score
i had holes too in the crowns / pontics until i stoped overheating the alloys with the torch and release them at the right time when casting .... hope this helps

DonSinke Lab

DonSinke Lab

Reaction score
i had holes too in the crowns / pontics until i stoped overheating the alloys with the torch and release them at the right time when casting .... hope this helps
Edy when is the right time then? what do you think?

Edy

Edy

Reaction score
Edy when is the right time then? what do you think?
When i started to see the alloys cylinders getting very red just before they lose their cylindrical shape i get out my ring from the oven and put it on centrifuge while keeping the flame at a safe distance from the alloys not to over heat them while i am taking my ring from oven , by that time the alloys start to lose shape and kinda look waving from the torch pressure , that the right time to ensure all of the alloys lost shape and in some cases of metal companies they unite all together , from there a few more seconds and i release..beofre that , my mistake was that i was waiting too much with torch until alloys were like liquid , then i was burning my alloys and all troubles came after that , thanks to the friends on this site i solved that .

Top Bottom