Merging virtual and physical scans

T

terry3205

Reaction score
Is it possible to accuratly merge a digital scan from a Dr. with a physical scan done in the lab?
I occasionally have a Dr. send me an intra-oral scan and then send be a mousse bite or an impression of a partial.
I would love to be able to combine these items into the scan to properly complete the case.
Thanks.

Terry

doug

doug

Reaction score
If I import a trios scan into my Exocad and then scan a model of a wax-up, I can Expert-Tools-Import that wax-up scan right into the case.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Is it possible to accuratly merge a digital scan from a Dr. with a physical scan done in the lab?
I occasionally have a Dr. send me an intra-oral scan and then send be a mousse bite or an impression of a partial.
I would love to be able to combine these items into the scan to properly complete the case.
Thanks.

Terry
three scanners i know if can do this. one is Medit, the other is imetric, and the other is DOF

with 3shape the closest you will get is creating a new co-ordinate system for your scans in GOM Inspection software (import as CAD body, import as Mesh, align, export mesh as stl) and use this new exported stl as an extra scan in 3shape. but no guarantees that works, because 3shape doesnt play nice with imported stl data.

Top Bottom