Medit Sold

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
Looks like Medit found a buyer at $2.1 Billion, what a desl. They sure are throwing a **** ton of money for this push and play dentistry. This along with Desntsply Sirona deal with Patterson makes me questions how much will be left for the labs when this settles out. We the technicians will be the only ones who remeber quality prosthetics and dentistry. Seems as though the heard is heading for the Wal Mart dentist kiosk. my 2 cents

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
"Oh Jimmy ,,,,,,,, I need a full 'round house' on custom abutments by three this afternoon ,,,,,,,, and there's a clean up on aisle 2, kid just vomited his ice cream !

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Looks like Medit found a buyer at $2.1 Billion, what a desl. They sure are throwing a **** ton of money for this push and play dentistry. This along with Desntsply Sirona deal with Patterson makes me questions how much will be left for the labs when this settles out. We the technicians will be the only ones who remeber quality prosthetics and dentistry. Seems as though the heard is heading for the Wal Mart dentist kiosk. my 2 cents
I think that is one of the main reasons why so many of us said No, Nope, in this thread.

edit: It looks like it happened around Dec 2nd. https://instituteofdigitaldentistry.com/news/medit-to-be-sold-for-an-eye-watering-amount/#:~:text=Its official.&text=The consortium had a deal,the value of the deal.

Last edited:
doug

doug

Reaction score
If an equity group bought it all they want is to suck the money out of it and sell the carcass to another company that wants to kill it because it's their competition. Private equity is the worst thing in the world for any innovation.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
From

To

Yeah I wouldn't be expecting any new innovations.
i mean, the company was acquired by an asian interests group for the sticker price, which is a good sign the company Medit is/was drowning and rather than allow any foreign label to pick it up and kill it, this Asian group picked it up and will probably be restructuring and then selling it or letting the company buy itself back in 2-3 years.

happens all the time to large (especially Korean) companies.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Medit was poised to do amazing with their next handheld scanner, makes me a bit wary.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
What's more interesting is Carlyle wanted it.

doug

doug

Reaction score
TruDef was a 3M product. They throw stuff to the curb on a regular basis.

Top Bottom