Medit not capturing data, SOS

DAL Claxton

DAL Claxton

Reaction score
Hello Toothman,

It's good to start checking that all cameras are appearing like Glenn said. Open device manager and look for two ML cameras under Medit devices if it's an old Blue scanner, or three cameras (an additional "color" CB camera) if it's a Hybrid. The next option I'd look for is the projector "network" connection. Generally you'd see a failed to connect to scanner if there was anything awry, but you can still check for it if you launch CMD (windows key + R & type CMD -> Enter). Once in there type "ipconfig /all" without quotes. You should see in the list of your network connections one that states it's for a Medit device.

Look as well for any rules blocking Collab in your AV's, and any blocking the IPV4 address listed in the ipconfig for the medit device. Windows updates may sometimes set the built in windows firewall to block these when it sees a connection it doesn't like. I've had a couple of instances lately of those being blocked and I'd like to think customers wouldn't block the software they use haha.

Finally, the power surges could have just fried your USB Hub on your motherboard, or USB expansion card. If you can try any different ports at all then do that and look for any improvement in its behavior. You can also try a different PC and see if that one connects properly.

The one solution if all else fails, is that the mainboard or internal usb hub would need to be replaced in the scanner.

I hope this helps, also, thank you for the mention ps2thtec!
- Josh

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
Thanks Claxton! I will try this right away