Medit not capturing data, SOS

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
Came across this issue on Friday and after Medit telling me I need to ship my scanner to Korea I thought I'd take a shot here. When I scan using CoLab or Exoscan none of the data shows up on the computer. The camera works because I can see the model on the computer, I believe the projector works because I still have my blue light and the lines still go across the model and shinks like normal. The arm works fine.

Im thinking that the camera isn't taking the image after the model rests after a second or maybe their is a faulty connection somewhere.

Has anyone had this issue before?

Edit: By the way, Medit just says " Your scanner is broken please send to korea for repair." Then I ask whats broken, they say "its a hardware issue"

No ****

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
digital cameras sometimes burn out their sensors, especially in the event of a power surge. its not an especially common occurrence but it has happened in the past.

which model scanner might you have, exactly? i don't know if delaying this shipment to korea for repair is a good idea, i'd be on the horn with someone like DOF or Imagine for a loaner while yours is repaired.

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
Did you calibrate your scanner after the issue began?

Toothman19

Toothman19

Reaction score
digital cameras sometimes burn out their sensors, especially in the event of a power surge. its not an especially common occurrence but it has happened in the past.

which model scanner might you have, exactly? i don't know if delaying this shipment to korea for repair is a good idea, i'd be on the horn with someone like DOF or Imagine for a loaner while yours is repaired.
Thats a interesting thought. We did have a power go out for a few seconds last week, but the scanner is connected to a surge protector. Could that still happen?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
if the surge protector is still working, then no. if the surge protector fried, then probably.

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
Try unplugging the scanner from the outlet and wait a few minutes. For me sometimes these simple things work.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
And reboot the pc.

if the camera shows normal pre-scaning image, then the lightshow happens and you don't see the lightshow you have two optoins:

1) somehow the camera stopped seeing those wavelengths of light and only those colors of light

2) the camera is fine. It's a software, driver, or firmware issue. Try reloading/reinstalling the driver from within Device Management before shipping it anywhere.

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
On June 3rd I had a split second power glitch while scanning and when restarting the computer it showed me a "blue screen" and I couldn't go past that. I scheduled to buy a new computer from DAL (just in case) where I bought my original setup. The computer fix it place was curbside pick up only and they called my three days after I left them a massage. Had to do a computer restore to before last update. After that computer worked fine but the scanner did same as yours. I unplugged the scanner for a few minutes and then recalibrated and I could cad and scan again. I did have a surge protector that did not get fried. Now I got a 1600 jules protector, doesn't mean much I guess.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Surge protectors are awesome! Don't confuse them with power strips or UPS. Most UPS have surge protection, but check, don't assume.

Replace surge protectors every few years. The MOV can degrade over time. You really want that clamping time to be less than 10 nanoseconds.

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
I thought we had a Medit authorized service center here in the states...?

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Surge protectors are awesome! Don't confuse them with power strips or UPS. Most UPS have surge protection, but check, don't assume.

Replace surge protectors every few years. The MOV can degrade over time. You really want that clamping time to be less than 10 nanoseconds.

Installed one of these when I got my scanner four years ago. About two weeks in, had an interruption on a calm day and it tripped the blue circle of life. The company replaced the 360 and have not had a problem since. I wonder what would have happened if I was just plugged in the wall?
Two of the 3 part blue circle turned red. They told me the device did it’s job!
Got it at B Buy for around $40.

68AF6E5D-38A6-4308-A6DD-5E659277B88D.jpeg 358C0DF9-E0E0-4B16-AACB-00C3FAACE5D9.jpeg

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i've killed 3 Thermaltake 1000w PC CPU's Gold 10year warranty all in the last year due to power spikes.

Glenn Kennedy

Glenn Kennedy

Reaction score
I left Medit in 2018 so I am not sure how support is being done now. My only suggestion is to confirm that the scanner is connected and "talking" with the PC. When the scanner is connected to the USB port look at connected devices in Windows hardware manager and you should see three cameras.

The scanners used to come with a USB card that you could install in the PC, you could try using that instead of the USB connection on the motherboard. Do not use a USB port on the front of the PC or a USB hub or extender. You need to connect directly to the MB or to the card that comes with the scanner. Also, make sure Windows has all updates installed and update any drivers from your PC/Motherboard mfg. Those were the things that would cause issues with the scanner connecting to the PC.

I wish I could be more help. Sorry.

-Glenn