Medit no customer support

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
Hello all, sorry for the insinuation, but for me customer support means having a phone number to talk with a live person. The issue I am having is that when I export scans from Medit Link to Exocad the case work all goes to 1 account in My Exocad Database. So I will export the case for DrJones office, and when I go to pull it up and load into Exocad it comes up under Smith. Smith was first office I had linked with for scans from Medit Intraoral Scanners. Does anyone else have this issue.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
Hello all, sorry for the insinuation, but for me customer support means having a phone number to talk with a live person. The issue I am having is that when I export scans from Medit Link to Exocad the case work all goes to 1 account in My Exocad Database. So I will export the case for DrJones office, and when I go to pull it up and load into Exocad it comes up under Smith. Smith was first office I had linked with for scans from Medit Intraoral Scanners. Does anyone else have this issue.
No, I don’t even know a Smith, or a Jones for that matter.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
have you tried modifying your order by adding practice name to the naming tags ?

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
it was a default account setting, changed it and now I will choose which account t assign files to? Not sure but that works for now.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
if dr jones and dr smith both exist as clients in your exocad, it should always prompt you to assign to those clients. with medit you can create a naming tag for the files and folders so that this information isn't lost between export and import.

J

Josh Claxton

Reaction score
A lot of the direct imports into Exocad except for iTero (ie: meditlink and Sirona) are not quite built right. In all likelihood it has a client # assigned in the medit .dentalproject that corresponds to the other Dr. In your DB. Medit usually relies on its resellers for direct support (similar to Exocad 1st line support).

I would try to swap the client in the DB if it allows you once imported. Otherwise try looking for the client ID for the correct Dr, and see if you can edit the .dentalproject file (I recommend notepad++) and put that ID in the client ID in the file if you can find it.

Easiest approach would be to create the case in the DB and just import the scans though. It's the most straightforward method.

-Josh

Top Bottom