Medit i500

J

JJC

Reaction score
Hello,

I am considering getting an IOS and I am thinking of medit i500.

Anyone know anything good or bad about it? Any other suggestion to other IOS alternatives with open system?

How much is the i500 selling for?
What’s the price difference in Canada and USA? Is there any rent to own kind of program out there?

Are there any used ones out there? Where do you look for the used ones other than classifieds in the forum or eBay?

C

ChristianKim

Reaction score
Hey there. If you're thinking about getting one, you should check any local dealers depending on where you live. My lab is going to buy one pretty soon from Dentcore in Virginia. I met them at LabDay West last week. It's about 20K USD and there was a decent promotion for us since we bought some other equipments from them in the past. I don't know about Canada price.
The bad thing I figured was the scanning area, which is pretty small so it takes quite amount of time for full arch scan compared to the most up-to-date IOS, like Primescan or Trios 4. Once you get used to it, it will take less than 2 minutes for full arch.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Theres a few dealers for these things in the states but only 2 in canada, and one of those im not so sure they are distributors. Henry schein, and Panthera. Its panthera im not sure about.

In the states theres at least one site sponsor who sells i500, Axsys. Articon, while not a sponsor also sells and is pretty great support. Imagine as well, and of course medit directly.

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
Emerald dental in Canada sells the I500.
I'm pretty sure it's 26k .

Last edited:
J

JJC

Reaction score
Theres a few dealers for these things in the states but only 2 in canada, and one of those im not so sure they are distributors. Henry schein, and Panthera. Its panthera im not sure about.

In the states theres at least one site sponsor who sells i500, Axsys. Articon, while not a sponsor also sells and is pretty great support. Imagine as well, and of course medit directly.
does medit sell directly? Is so how much is it from them?

D

Dental2020

Reaction score
Nobel Biocare now sells the Medit i500. I purchased one with 8 hours in-office training for $19K

DevonR

DevonR

Reaction score
Central Dental sells the unit as well now

G

grantoz

Reaction score
they are good but get the right reseller for you. ive seen dentist buy them from implants companies for a very good price, the implant company has lowered the price so the dentist will use there implants or crowns and when the dentist doesn,t come thru they get no service so the scanner just sits there.not a big surprise but just sayin

T

TanMan

Reaction score
they are good but get the right reseller for you. ive seen dentist buy them from implants companies for a very good price, the implant company has lowered the price so the dentist will use there implants or crowns and when the dentist doesn,t come thru they get no service so the scanner just sits there.not a big surprise but just sayin

Are you allowed to recommend a reseller on here? I wonder if the Trios 4 is much better in performance than the Trios 3 or whether I should get a Medit i500. To the chagrin of lab technicians around here, I see a market for temporary maryland bridges while the site is healing for a permanent custom abutment and crown. Most people seem to hate flippers after an immediate implant placement post-ext and patients are not very compliant when you tell them that it's for show, don't eat on the implant I just placed (especially with immediate temporization!).

G

grantoz

Reaction score
tanman private message me.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Price difference? lol

Thats all this pos has going for it.

slow scans
digital bubbles? yes that's right holes to drive a truck through.
why? software sucks. no AI to fill the holes. manual function that doesn't work.
support? it's your ambient room temperature. lol, ya that's what it is.

at least it can take a shade...err no. We can't do that because we eliminated the red filters to give you a better scan " snort".
besides colour is not that important is it?

price?, I can get a boat anchor for 50$ and they throw in the rope.

Is it a 3 shape issue?
sorry , nice deflection but nope.
This is from the Medit link|:

1626196424371.png

That's ok, 3 Shape will take it from here.

1626196506974.png