Medit/exocad scans to 3Shape

R

Remote

Reaction score
Hi all, I would like to import cases that were scanned with a Medit scanner with no success.
So, I receive all the files via google drive and my job is only the design, if use the method: create a new case, import scans, somehow there is no option for the occlusion scan to import and also I cannot mesh together the dies and the jaws, because those are separate stls. If I want to import as a complete order or a zip file, it doesn't work either. What shall I do?

A

AnAppleaDay

Reaction score
You should be able to install the free Medit Application to receive and export the scans.
Once you export them, they should already be aligned to them to be in occlusion and 3shape should reposition them correctly when you import them.
Just make sure to import the lower and upper in the correct order (look at the title of the import dialog, there will be instructions).

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Medit Link is the protal.
Dr can add you as a lab to receive the files which are easy to export to 3 shape.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
get medit link

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
export .ply files for colour.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
export .ply files for colour.
may need a special import module to receive ply scans in 3shape

but its been 5 years since i used 3shape so i can't say for sure.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
may need a special import module to receive ply scans in 3shape

but its been 5 years since i used 3shape so i can't say for sure.
You need the " all scans" module to receive other scans but .ply import was just added recently.

R

Remote

Reaction score
Thanks for all, for now, I import all scans to Meshmixer, which places the scans according to the coordinate system, so I can combine them accordingly and export. I will try to set up the medit link connection too, to see which one is faster!

AlienMilling

AlienMilling

Sponsors
Reaction score
We use blender here. Easy to import multiple STL Files, and export them as one.

R

Remote

Reaction score
Hi there!! HELP me please, when I would like to import screw-retained implant scans, why 3shape doesn't ask for the scan body scan separately while importing?? In this way it doesn't see it as scan bodies so I cant align with the right implant. I tried importing with medit link, but when I want to import a complete order doesn't work........... Anyone??

R

Remote

Reaction score
Medit Link is the protal.
Dr can add you as a lab to receive the files which are easy to export to 3 shape.
And how does it work for screw retained crowns or bridges? I cannot import only, upper, lower and pre-prep scan.... and when I want to import as a complete 3shape order it doesn't work says: unable to import the order. file not found...... What do I do wrong??

AlienMilling

AlienMilling

Sponsors
Reaction score
We noticed this too, and emailed Medit about it (almost 2 years ago). No Response yet. . We import Medit Orders by the scans individually.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
3shape sued Medit, I'm pretty sure Medit could care less about 3shape users at this point, kinda like what 3Shape has been doing to us Exocad users for years and years. Get Exocad

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
And how does it work for screw retained crowns or bridges? I cannot import only, upper, lower and pre-prep scan.... and when I want to import as a complete 3shape order it doesn't work says: unable to import the order. file not found...... What do I do wrong??
Preprep scan is for crowns not implants. You may be referring to the tissue scan or the scan body scan.
There should be a setting for combined meshes which brings in your scan body alignment. Export the ply files to receive a colour scan . It will,look like someone used colour pencils since Medit is a substandard iOS. 3 Shape lives rent free in the minds of Medit where they spend more time convincing their users that they are the best when they are not. Kind of like Trump supporters who refuse to acknowledge they are losers.