Medit/exocad Pains

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
3sheep is better at everything! You need to switch back to spare us from your regular b!tching. I bet 3S 2017 is still a solid version? *****************************************************************************************************************************************************.
Model Creator was designed to take IOS and make models from that. It fills holes automatically, develops walls, and generates a useable watertight mesh to print models. How many separate shells are you trying to combine there into one mesh without overlaps, holes, inverted triangles, 4,5? That's a lot of calculations which I'm certain 3S would do in a snap into a printable mesh.

Try saving all of the DX teeth separately as individual stl files. In Model Creator import the preop model as the jaw scan you want to make the model from. Choose plateless model(solid). Generate the solid model of the preop first. Use expert mode to free form the model. In the free form window select ATT. Scroll through the library list to load from file. Select stl for #6, when prompted to rotate or not click yes. Do the same individually for 7-11. You should have a decent mesh. If you now want that mesh hollow for printing save it as stl and reimport in model creator as asiga or nextdent model to render a hollow mesh.

There are other resources to find answers to problems you have with exocad, but I assure you, you will get more replies using honey than vinegar. There are unofficial work arounds, xml edits, and homemade hacks for nearly any obstacle you encounter.

If you can figure how to get a solid model of your dx to work, it would be possible to edit the bottom off and import that as the jaw scan to make shell temps of your dx work up.
Mwah Haha hahah! You (and future me) exocad guys are going to be engineering rockets soon while the 3sheepers will just be making teeth still. Those losers.
Thanks for the help. I need to reread it a couple more times to get my brain honed in on it.

P.S. 2014 baby! That is the golden year of all simplicity of making teeth on the good ol' 3sheep! Easy, streamlined, "any ol' monkey off the street" can literally do it.
😈 😈 😈🤣🤣🤣🤣😆😆😆😆😆😆😆🤣🤣🤣🤣😈😈😈😈😈

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
" exocad guys are going to be engineering rockets soon "
and cars....

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Hey children!
So I've been taught this once or twice and I feel like I'm doing what I was taught but not working.
I designed a 3 unit screw retained bridge. The screw access hole will be right in the contact area of one of the abutment crowns and pontic. So I was told to design it and save the scene of the bridge and jaw. Then start a new case and call all the units anatomic waxups from digital copymilling. So i start designing and import the already designed bridge and get to the point of the design where it adapts to the pre op and the two abutment teeth morph just fine but tthere is no pontic/middle tooth. I have no idea why.
Ergo....I am here to ask my humble superiors for help.

disappearing design adapt.png
Muchas gracias

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
Hey children!
So I've been taught this once or twice and I feel like I'm doing what I was taught but not working.
I designed a 3 unit screw retained bridge. The screw access hole will be right in the contact area of one of the abutment crowns and pontic. So I was told to design it and save the scene of the bridge and jaw. Then start a new case and call all the units anatomic waxups from digital copymilling. So i start designing and import the already designed bridge and get to the point of the design where it adapts to the pre op and the two abutment teeth morph just fine but tthere is no pontic/middle tooth. I have no idea why.
Ergo....I am here to ask my humble superiors for help.

View attachment 38469
Muchas gracias
When you write up the job don't specify the pontic, So only #11 and #13. Tooth taught me this for copymilling a maryland bridge when I had the same pontic problem.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
So to be clear, just select two teeth total?

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
That didn't work. Is the problem that the designed file has the crowns looking like individual crowns?
disappearing design waxup.png

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
You already have your bridge that you want to copy. When you write the job in DB only click on the #11 and #13 abutment teeth like they are singles. Just pretend you will design single crowns and not a bridge.

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
Is your job set up as "copymilling" or copying a "pre-op model"?

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
It should work. I had the same problem with copymilling a maryland bridge. The pontic wouldn't appear. When I left the pontic off the job it appeared in the design.

J

Josh Claxton

Reaction score
Heya Riley!

If you're going to use a designed bridge for copy milling, be sure that it's all one solid piece. IE if you scan it in, no gaps, if you design it, make sure it's "merged : optimized for 3d print". You can set merge for 3D print as default in your CADapp settings inside the program.

What happens if merged for "milling" is that all the parts are still separate. Helps mills identify some geometries if they don't go all triangular. The software when doing a copy-mill though will nab the closest thing and use that. Why I always say make sure to have a closed top, and open bottom for waxups.

- Josh

Top Bottom