Medit/exocad Pains

DAL Claxton

DAL Claxton

Reaction score
Heya Riley! If you notice the articulator is being a little too aggressive, you can use the "articulator A" Artex one, since it has a prebuilt occlusal table. You can also turn off the retrusive movements, and turn down how much the protrusive moves in the Virtual Articulator.

My personal preference as well is if the dynamic movement cuts too much off of my anteriors, undo the adjustment, then "exclude" mark the areas that I want to keep (generally the incisal 1/3rd) and then run it, saving your contours.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
I've thought of how I can get a better representation of excursions. I'm going to try it today as I'm working on a full upper arch. Which brings me to a question. I've been able to use the symmetry button in the past for anterior six but for some reason it's grayed out. Does anyone know what's going on there?
1594660297993.png

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Sorry, I think I'vve figured it out. Go to Fancy "Expert" mode and right click tooth, mirror/copy, change the drop bix to mirror and yadda yadda yadda.
1594661476025.png

DAL Claxton

DAL Claxton

Reaction score
You might not get the option initially if you don't have any adjacents entered. One thing to watch out for as well, if you set up a tooth library tooth, then mirror that, it thinks the mesial and distal contacts are swapped, and the software does some very... interesting things when it cuts to adjacents.

If you 'HAVE' to copy a crown that you placed and is not an existing on the arch, be sure to cut with the disc tool instead of having a fight with the adjacent cuts.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
okee dokee
How do you get rid of connectors when designing a full contour bridge?
1598476076268.png

DAL Claxton

DAL Claxton

Reaction score
Hello again Riley!

Couple of ways : If you did not freeform the case after merging it (which I suggest never doing because of this) simply deleted constructed parts (merged) then right click a connector, and choose delete connector

If you did freeform after merging it's mildly more difficult. I suggest if you absolutely do not want to lose your freeforming. Make sure your bridge is saved for 3D printing (Right click background - Merge & Save restoration - check box for 3d printing) then right click the bridge and choose to split bridge it. You can "split" the bridge with the flat of any of those options and get two designs out of it. It's an oddball work-around but it works. Just like the disc cutter though, you will have a very flat edge, a little space between them thanks to the cut as well.

Looking good though Riley! Glad you're hanging in there.

- Josh

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
dont you want them connected?

yes connected but without connectors. Just using the surface area of the contact areas.

Hello again Riley!

Couple of ways : If you did not freeform the case after merging it (which I suggest never doing because of this) simply deleted constructed parts (merged) then right click a connector, and choose delete connector

If you did freeform after merging it's mildly more difficult. I suggest if you absolutely do not want to lose your freeforming. Make sure your bridge is saved for 3D printing (Right click background - Merge & Save restoration - check box for 3d printing) then right click the bridge and choose to split bridge it. You can "split" the bridge with the flat of any of those options and get two designs out of it. It's an oddball work-around but it works. Just like the disc cutter though, you will have a very flat edge, a little space between them thanks to the cut as well.

- Josh

Thanks Josh!!

user name

user name

Reaction score
In that case, you could just shrink the size of them as well.

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
yes connected but without connectors. Just using the surface area of the contact areas.

Thanks Josh!!
as user mentioned, in those situations its easiest to just reduce the size of the connector in the connector design step. super fast and easy and saves a ton of hassle with the editing of the final results.
i too utilize the contact areas of this style bridge for connectors. works out great! well done sir

user name

user name

Reaction score
But why? If you use the connectors, you can tell by the color if youre violating the minimum size you need.
I like to know.
If you have a bit in between that youd like to have sharper, try the very thin Matrix Shaper Disc from Vacalon (#51286)

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Hello again Riley!

- Josh

So I deleted constructed parts, right clicked connectors and deleted and......

1598482566378.png

???????????????????????????????????

L

LarryRDC

Reaction score
Check the show/hide - merged parts ... expand and collapse arrow , sometimes the boxes get unchecked.. check the ones for the pontics and they should show up...you can also expand the “teeth” arrow as well

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
def have some boxes unchecked in the top left corner. my guess is the pontics are still there, but set to "hidden"

L

LarryRDC

Reaction score
You can shape the interproximals just the way you want them to be (Thick or thin),set everything to minimum and hit the "+" button and apply. Then like User suggested just sharpen them up with a thin disc if needed...Easy peasy...

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Hey y'all! Thanks for the connector tips! Working great

Now, How do you design an implant bridge case when the implant is right smack in the middle of the teeth?
1600895125102.png

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Hey y'all! Thanks for the connector tips! Working great

Now, How do you design an implant bridge case when the implant is right smack in the middle of the teeth?
View attachment 36889
Slap the OMFS. Then say a guide is cheaper than the reconstructive surgery that he'll need if this happens again.

edit:that's just mean. And wrong. My appologies

Last edited:
Top Bottom