Medit/exocad Pains

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
anyway to change the color of selected tools from purple and Peach to anything we want? I'd prefer a different set of colors
Yes, there most certainly is, but it will take some digging and experimenting on your part.

You will need to find the color you want and record the color codes.

DAL Claxton

DAL Claxton

Reaction score
Hello again Riley! Probably depends on the mouse. If it's wireless I'd check the batteries. If you press the windows key and search for mouse settings, you can change double click speed detection, mouse speed of movement for mouse acceleration, and a few other things. Most of those are in the mouse pointer settings I believe.

You can change the color of practically anything in Exocad, if you look in your DentalCADApp folder, and go into either the config folder and change settings in the color.xml, or those might be located in the DentalCADApp, skins folder.

Those colors can be fairly difficult to change at times. Mostly just finding it is the problem. Once you've located the correct one, just use an online HTML color code picker to choose how you want it to look.

As for slowing down and click the icon.... use your hotkeys!!!!

if you want to:

Add : Green circle and just click L-Click
Remove : Red Circle, Shift+L-Click
'controlled' smooth : Blue Circle CTRL+L-Click - This maintains anatomy, and lightly softens secondary and tertiary anatomy {CTRL key is controlled}
'harsh' smooth: Purplse circle CTRL+Shift+L-click - This will flatten and destroy all anatomy

Using these and the strength/size hotkeys shown in the wizard, you should never have to go over to the freeform wizard box!

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Hello again Riley! Probably depends on the mouse. If it's wireless I'd check the batteries. If you press the windows key and search for mouse settings, you can change double click speed detection, mouse speed of movement for mouse acceleration, and a few other things. Most of those are in the mouse pointer settings I believe.

You can change the color of practically anything in Exocad, if you look in your DentalCADApp folder, and go into either the config folder and change settings in the color.xml, or those might be located in the DentalCADApp, skins folder.

Those colors can be fairly difficult to change at times. Mostly just finding it is the problem. Once you've located the correct one, just use an online HTML color code picker to choose how you want it to look.

As for slowing down and click the icon.... use your hotkeys!!!!

if you want to:

Add : Green circle and just click L-Click
Remove : Red Circle, Shift+L-Click
'controlled' smooth : Blue Circle CTRL+L-Click - This maintains anatomy, and lightly softens secondary and tertiary anatomy {CTRL key is controlled}
'harsh' smooth: Purplse circle CTRL+Shift+L-click - This will flatten and destroy all anatomy

Using these and the strength/size hotkeys shown in the wizard, you should never have to go over to the freeform wizard box!
Holy ballz! If I can memorize all that and do it without looking I think I'll learn playing the piano friggin quick! I'll come for your training straight from 2th's training. Or vice versa...

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Thank you son. When can I come out for some training?
My standard answer:
Seriously, if you want to get deep into the matrix, you need more time with the software for it to be worth the travel.
If you just want to change colors in the software I can show you where to find that. Then it is just a matter of experimenting with it until you find exactly what you want to change in the settings files.

I think I would rather learn to play piano than all the hotkeys. Lol, it's like another language. I don't need to move through designs that fast to bother with all the hotkeys.

user name

user name

Reaction score
I think I would rather learn to play piano than all the hotkeys. Lol, it's like another language. I don't need to move through designs that fast to bother with all the hotkeys.

Agreed

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
My standard answer:

If you just want to change colors in the software I can show you where to find that. Then it is just a matter of experimenting with it until you find exactly what you want to change in the settings files.

Can you please! A while ago I asked my reseller to change the colors on Valetta, they tried and did not succeed. This was before Josh joined the team.
I probably wont be able to do it but will certainly try.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score

Start here:
C:\EXOCAD\DentalCADApp\config
Colors exo.PNG
You will need to explore the other settings files, like buttons, colors and anything else to see if there are references to what you want to change there as well.

Do yourself a favor and make a copy of everything before starting so you can easily revert back to original if something doesn't work out as planned.
Keep notes because it can work like a map to get you back where you started or navigate forward when experimenting with changes.
When making changes double check the file syntax to avoid problems. Easiest way for me is to have the original open to compare.

DAL Claxton

DAL Claxton

Reaction score
CADApp background colors and such are easy to get ahold of (dentalcadapp\config\colors.xml) first two at the top usually. there are a few others that are easy to find as well. The buttons in stuff though, those are a real slog, and the documentation is unfortunately not there. I made a really crazy looking build one time with extreme color differences specifically so I could spot which ones did what. Not fun to play the clue game in programming haha.

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
Tooth, Can you please! A while ago I asked my reseller to change the colors on Valetta, they tried and did not succeed. This was before Josh joined the team.
I probably wont be able to do it but will certainly try.[/QUOTE]

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Well, i guess I'll leave the colors alone. I'll hit up Josh first for more basic designing first then head to your place!!!
I need to learn all on 4 workflows cause I'm in the Holy Land for chariside scanners and penny pinching docs (UTAH). I've lost too many accounts recently to those things. I'm constantly told I'm hands down the best tech they've worked with but they're looking to save a buck. So I need to expand my skill to highly complex stuff that they aren't going to get in to...
...so see you soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (whether you like it or not 😈)

zero_zero

zero_zero

Reaction score
I'll look into it, since I got plenty of time now Banghead

F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
Also, how to control the adjustment points when design abutment bottoms, how to go back to a finished scan case to add or redo a scan without deleting everything, etc. I'll keep chucking out questions as they come.
Reload the scan from back up , it will ask you for that ,click the “hand icon” on the top right for more control ( but you do not need to) and select the piece that you want to add to. Once you are done uncheck it and will automatically continue with meshing the work. Go to exocad website, they have food how to videos.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Hey again kids!
So, I designed an all on four for fun. Plan was to see how printing would go. I reduced the gingiva design so as to be able to build with Gradia or something. I have a Form3 and it printed out with a beautiful finish, I was actually shocked! Anyway, I called Formlabs to verify Gradia or similar would be ok for building on the bridge which was milled from their denture resin. The formlabs guy said using a stain would be fine but proly not gradia. So I want to reprint with the full contour gingiva there and just see how staining goes. Now, as many of you know I'm terrified of erasing the whole design cause I seem to be really good at that. I've reopened the designed bridge. I've deleted merged parts. Now....? Oh, and I need to change the implant parts type in the library.
I'll keep trying to think through this but hope you'll come to my rescue.

L

LarryRDC

Reaction score
Riley, try re-loading the design and try to pick an auto-saved scene that's right before the step for shrinking the virtual gingiva..

For me it’s easier to design with out gingival reduction for the printed temp and the permanent ZI, then just stain 'em up... for the printed temps I use GC stains & OptiGlaze. ( pink & red for the gingiva). For the ZI MIYO pink works nice.
Here’s a printed one with the OptiGlaze:
FA284CF4-03D9-4DE9-A3EE-7E9E98BD8262.jpeg 0BD4173A-A83D-44DE-9DF9-BF12FFF2C6A6.jpeg 89523870-A9C6-4898-AB1A-45259314E9ED.jpeg
And a ZI with MIYO Pink:
AF674B0D-9969-4B8F-83C4-3FBF7A3ADD1A.jpegT 2D84702F-3F26-4488-B559-D9D89D7D9822.jpeg

Last edited:
F

FASTFNGR

Reaction score
Hey again kids!
So, I designed an all on four for fun. Plan was to see how printing would go. I reduced the gingiva design so as to be able to build with Gradia or something. I have a Form3 and it printed out with a beautiful finish, I was actually shocked! Anyway, I called Formlabs to verify Gradia or similar would be ok for building on the bridge which was milled from their denture resin. The formlabs guy said using a stain would be fine but proly not gradia. So I want to reprint with the full contour gingiva there and just see how staining goes. Now, as many of you know I'm terrified of erasing the whole design cause I seem to be really good at that. I've reopened the designed bridge. I've deleted merged parts. Now....? Oh, and I need to change the implant parts type in the library.
I'll keep trying to think through this but hope you'll come to my rescue.
In Exocad you can save a dull copy of it even before you start changing anything. You can copy that till pigs fly.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Riley, try re-loading the design and try to pick an auto-saved scene that's right before the step for shrinking the virtual gingiva..

For me it’s easier to design with out gingival reduction for the printed temp and the permanent ZI, then just stain 'em up... for the printed temps I use GC stains & OptiGlaze. ( pink & red for the gingiva). For the ZI MIYO pink works nice.
Here’s a printed one with the OptiGlaze:
View attachment 35594 View attachment 35595 View attachment 35596
And a ZI with MIYO Pink:
View attachment 35597T View attachment 35598
Thanks! i think that's the best route to go as well. What are you using for curing the optiglaze?
My tech support was able to take me back to the pre cutback stage of the design but we couldn't keep it full contour, it just automatically went back to the saved cutback. Apparently I set it up wrong or did something else wrong. Hashtag "fallingfurtheroutoflovewithexocad."
So I'm going to redo the case and morph to the saved stl of the full contour we were able to make. Yay

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Use the show/hide menu. Look for the design before it was reduced, remove everything else from the scene. Save as stl.
Your reseller should be able to figure out how to make that work if they're worth their fees...
#useyourmind'seyetoseeoutsideofthebox

Top Bottom