Medit/exocad Pains

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Come back to the dark side, Riley, we have cookies, really expensive yearly fee cookies. :) Hang in there, you'll get it figured out.

Emperor_RotJ.png

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Come back to the dark side, Riley, we have cookies, really expensive yearly fee cookies. :) Hang in there, you'll get it figured out.

View attachment 34741
The money he would save on valium would cover the yearly fees and have enough leftover for the girl guides.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
@rkm with ColLab you can scan the scan body the same time as the jaw scan, then during the "scanbody" scan, you just crop out all other information. It saves you an extra scan.

@Riley are you using a T series scanner or an older Hybrid? I'm not asking because of some "T's are better", I'm asking because as the repair center for Medit, I've seen a few of the Hybrids coming in where I've needed to replace the Projector because the bulbs are getting worn out. If you have to turn up the exposure % to 100% or anywhere above 70 ish then it's getting close. Unfortunately the projectors are the most expensive piece to replace as well.

As for the patchy data, I'd have to see the scanner in action to diagnose anything. In my experience they do a good job, I've almost never had a spot I couldn't pick up with either a squirt of scan spray on something reflective, or a quick exposure change and an add scan. Did you ever look into other sprays/powder/scannable gingiva for soft tissue?

- Josh
I bought the t500
Been using the old tough actin tinactin for years with 3shape. seems like it should work for this new thing too

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
He's never looked so good :)

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
The only disadvantage to the scan bodies are having to carry one for every random manufacturer out there.. Some like neoss I only use once.. Ive never had much luck scanning it bases, theres always a weird hole you have to fix on scan, and it generally doesnt fit as well as the library geometry. The nobels fit great, although their scan bodies suck, theres no screw to hold them in.. Really dont understand that design..

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
The only disadvantage to the scan bodies are having to carry one for every random manufacturer out there.. Some like neoss I only use once.. Ive never had much luck scanning it bases, theres always a weird hole you have to fix on scan, and it generally doesnt fit as well as the library geometry. The nobels fit great, although their scan bodies suck, theres no screw to hold them in.. Really dont understand that design..
[/QUOTE

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Here's another one I can't figure out.
I want to leave the screw access hole of this abutment where it is, going out the facial, but I want the abutment to lean to the lingual. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do it. I know about the "Clickable" option in the advanced tab but that's not what I want. Hopefully the pic helps. I want the abutment to be angled to the lingual like the blue outline shows. Abutment angle.png
Please, please, please teach me.

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
And.....If you move ahead in the design process then realize you need to go back to change the abutment bottoms for example, is there no way to go back and make the adjustment and NOT have to redo what you had previously done?

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
And.....If you move ahead in the design process then realize you need to go back to change the abutment bottoms for example, is there no way to go back and make the adjustment and NOT have to redo what you had previously done?
That part does suck when comparing to 3Shape. The rest exocad wins, you just wasn't trained on how to use expert mode and the various other things from what I'm reading. I'd suggest a course asap. I sent one of my guys to schoolcraft with Joshua Jackson over the past weekend and learned quite a bit. A nice course in that you are sitting and designing together.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Here's another one I can't figure out.
I want to leave the screw access hole of this abutment where it is, going out the facial, but I want the abutment to lean to the lingual. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to do it. I know about the "Clickable" option in the advanced tab but that's not what I want. Hopefully the pic helps. I want the abutment to be angled to the lingual like the blue outline shows. View attachment 34752
Please, please, please teach me.
The insertion axis is what determines this,

user name

user name

Reaction score
Dammit. Contact the guys you got it from. Bring them into this conversation. Youre having serious issues, and that reflects very bad on them. Its not like youre a dummy. They need to get a tech out to you ASAP, and yes, I mean it. Maybe you cover the flight and room, but this is complete bullsh!t. Ive thought in the past about a Medit, but this all gives me serious pause.

Youre in my prayers.

L

LarryRDC

Reaction score
Riley,
First I would suggest using Zehrmack Gingifast Rigid for your soft tissue..no spray needed..
Here's what works good for me when scanning an implant model, ( model with a removable tissue ..slightly below the top of the analog) I pick the "separate" option in collab scan strategy for the scanbody. scanbody.JPG This will give you a base model scan and a scan body scan.....For the base model scan (leave the tissue on for this!) you can add scans to get as much of the emergence profile and interproximals as you want. Then for the 2nd scan, remove the tissue and place the scanbody in the model (you can take the model out of the scanner, leaving the model in the locked position on the top plate.) Also with the tissue removed, you can see that the scanbody is fully seated. When you move forward after that collab will align the 2 scans together( base model and scanbody) automatically in the bite alignment step. After editing and merging ( be careful not to edit out any parts of the scanbody) After everything is merged, then uncheck the scanbody box, then fill the holes in the upper and lower jaw scans.
It is an extra scan but it works the best for me.

Last edited:
RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
The insertion axis is what determines this,
It seemed like when i tried this as well as the clickable option it changed the screw hole to be "angle corrected" I'll give it another shot. I just feel like nothing is stable, one time this happens another time that happens. Oh well...

RileyS

RileyS

Reaction score
Riley,
First I would suggest using Zehrmack Gingifast Rigid for your soft tissue..no spray needed..
Here's what works good for me when scanning an implant model, ( model with a removable tissue ..slightly below the top of the analog) I pick the "separate" option in collab scan strategy for the scanbody. View attachment 34757 This will give you a base model scan and a scan body scan.....For the base model scan (leave the tissue on for this!) you can add scans to get as much of the emergence profile and interproximals as you want. Then for the 2nd scan, remove the tissue and place the scanbody in the model (you can take the model out of the scanner, leaving the model in the locked position on the top plate.) Also with the tissue removed, you can see that the scanbody is fully seated. When you move forward after that collab will align the 2 scans together( base model and scanbody) automatically in the bite alignment step. After editing and merging ( be careful not to edit out any parts of the scanbody) After everything is merged, then uncheck the scanbody box, then fill the holes in the upper and lower jaw scans.
It is an extra scan but it works the best for me.
Thanks! This is very helpful.
Are you using the t500? Have you found scan times anywhere close to what the marketing says? Even just a single prep in a quad model?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
That part does suck when comparing to 3Shape. The rest exocad wins, you just wasn't trained on how to use expert mode and the various other things from what I'm reading. I'd suggest a course asap. I sent one of my guys to schoolcraft with Joshua Jackson over the past weekend and learned quite a bit. A nice course in that you are sitting and designing together.
... on how to use meshmixer for the fixer lol.

Top Bottom