market share of pfms?

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Maybe you should put the pt in a lava ultimate bridge until we can figure what the hell is going on!

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
The previous bridge was a turd... The fact is the pt couldve gotten a nice implant crown on her central for the money shes paid to replace three teeth 2x. The bite is tighter than a .. (fill in your own blank)

Done right and proper indication are a starting point, but the fact is, glass breaks. I dont really care why it broke, because I dont do emax bridges. Ive never had a zirconia bridge break over the past 3-4 years ive been doing them, knock on wood. But to say they have the same longevity as a PFM is a bit premature IMO.

The last pfm anterior bridge I did was 1.1mm thick on the facial and pt complained it was out too far.. lol. I saw the pt and it looked good.. but it seems like most of the harder cases are always a compromise on either strength or estethics. The Dr has the final say, what can I do? Dontknow

user name

user name

Reaction score
Thy cant buy what you don't sell. Youre their materials scientist. Tell them why you quit.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Yeah I get it.. but Im talking about one client, everyone else I have quit pfms. What do you suggest other than doing a beautiful zirconia bridge, for free!, to show the Dr and Pt the difference? Not to mention, I will still lose 11% of my income (+ the other pfm units sent away by other Drs) because Drs ARE still doing pfms.. My town is too small to just quit, or give the ultimatum "zirconia or else" while I go kick sand. We all know its about our bottom line too, not always the Pt. I dont mind marking up and reselling gold.. the scrap is worth more than zirconia dust.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Are you waxing and casting or digital metal?

user name

user name

Reaction score
Yeah I get it.. but Im talking about one client, everyone else I have quit pfms. What do you suggest other than doing a beautiful zirconia bridge, for free!, to show the Dr and Pt the difference? Not to mention, I will still lose 11% of my income (+ the other pfm units sent away by other Drs) because Drs ARE still doing pfms.. My town is too small to just quit, or give the ultimatum "zirconia or else" while I go kick sand. We all know its about our bottom line too, not always the Pt. I dont mind marking up and reselling gold.. the scrap is worth more than zirconia dust.
If your Zr looks good and he hasn't been exposed to it, then of coarse, do one free.

Or, better yet, do the PFM and a Zr bridge on the same case. When its nice it sells itself.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Mill wax and cast in HN. I usually make a quick frame and hand wax the rest of the support. Its so easy even a canadien could do it! Ive used argens SLM but it only eliminates the milling, which is effortless and the investing and casting, which to me isnt a big deal, the burnouts on anyway. Over the past 6 months its been maybe a unit or two per month, until this recent barrage of lateral supported bridges..

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
If your Zr looks good and he hasn't been exposed to it, then of coarse, do one free.

Or, better yet, do the PFM and a Zr bridge on the same case. When its nice it sells itself.

This is what Im telling you I did! I still have the zr bridge in a box, its a sample now... What youre missing is its a she not a he. I placed 4th in an intl competition but apparently my zr doesnt sell .. lol

user name

user name

Reaction score
This is what Im telling you I did! I still have the zr bridge in a box, its a sample now... What youre missing is its a she not a he. I placed 4th in an intl competition but apparently my zr doesnt sell .. lol
A woman. That explains a lot. Has she explained to you her reasons? Its easier to fool someone than to convince them they've been fooled.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Heres the problem as I see it, then Im done talking about pfms. Drs think that zirconia was made as a replacement for PFMs (or now emax),when it was made as a replacement to Gold crowns because of high cost, low esthetics. Now they expect a FZC to have the luster and translucency of a pfm, when it just doesnt, theyre chalky. I dont care who you are or how good you are. Its only recently even come close to becoming truly esthetic, IMO. and Ive done some anterior cases in nexxzrT that scared me.. but ended up looking better than I thought. Its all about perspective.

I just did a molar crown on myself, I used nexxzr+, the Dr noticed the difference over the nexxzr T and even commented on it, but they dont necessarily want to pay more for it for posteriors.

I wont say anything bad about working for females, but its different for sure. I have 99 problems and that aint one.

user name

user name

Reaction score
We're just going to have to disagree on that one. Zr has come so far. Theres not one Zr that hits all the shades, so it takes a lot of trial and error, but over all this stuff looks better than I could have hoped for. If you haven't used ( Ill pm you),youre missing out. It takes work to learn it because its tricky, but worth it. Nicer than my e.max was.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I would choose zirconia over a pfm, but thats just me. I never was a good salesman.
nezzxrT:
zrbridge.jpg

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I'm going to have to side with Username on this one Affinity and it has nothing to do with that shot at my country of origin.
Nice crowns Thefinger

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
wait, what side are we talking about? I was never advocating for PFMs. Regardless, I havent seen but maybe one or two other posts on this site of anyones anterior FCZ work, (in the mouth),so its up for debate what is better.
Al is about the only one that posts anyway, and that is emax or layered.

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I do the odd lower anterior in fcz but that's about it.
Mostly layered which is why I'm not all over the new translucents.