Manual Flexible denture press

K

keroassidy

Reaction score
So I have an old Success injection unit that works great for all my acrylic needs and for flexibles like iflex, DuraFlex and Acetal.
I like using TCS unbreakable but work arounds to get to inject with success is a royal pain.
I am not looking to spend 3,000$ at this moment for a injection unit , I would be interested in a manual press like
the TCS one, Does anyone use one for their flexibles? How do you like? Do you ever get short injections?
Any and all input is greatly appreciated as usually! thanks in advance and hope your all doing well!

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
I know of a myerson flexpress you could get for under $1000. Theyre nice machines I sold mine awhile back though. IMO all flexibles are a royal pain.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
We use the TCS manual press...well, we use to use it. We outsource our flexis currently.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
So I have an old Success injection unit that works great for all my acrylic needs and for flexibles like iflex, DuraFlex and Acetal.
I like using TCS unbreakable but work arounds to get to inject with success is a royal pain.
I am not looking to spend 3,000$ at this moment for a injection unit , I would be interested in a manual press like
the TCS one, Does anyone use one for their flexibles? How do you like? Do you ever get short injections?
Any and all input is greatly appreciated as usually! thanks in advance and hope your all doing well!
Speaking of the Success unit, did you buy up as many supplies for it as you could before Dentsply discontinued the system? Eventually it's going to be an expensive paper weight. Sigh...

K

keroassidy

Reaction score
Speaking of the Success unit, did you buy up as many supplies for it as you could before Dentsply discontinued the system? Eventually it's going to be an expensive paper weight. Sigh...
ugh ......... no I Didn't. I didn't realize it was discontinued. Bought it back in like 1999 and still going. Good ol' 2020 at it again.

K

keroassidy

Reaction score
So besides Ivocap what other acrylic injection units are there. I haven't paid attention since my success has
Been so " successful" for me.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
ugh ......... no I Didn't. I didn't realize it was discontinued. Bought it back in like 1999 and still going. Good ol' 2020 at it again.
It wasn't 2020, it was Dentsply getting out of analog and going with digital. Not only is Success gone so are most of their teeth, ALL of their waxes, and all of their soft reline materials.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
I would guess Unbreakable is as easy in a Success as other materials you mentioned. What workarounds are you meaning? Manual Press works fine for Generation 1 and 2 materials. But the newer, denser materials could be a problem.

Last edited:
K

kwilson

Reaction score
Has anyone heard that the Success system may be bought/scooped up by another company? My lab owner says he saw a something in a Facebook lab group, but I can't find any info.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Has anyone heard that the Success system may be bought/scooped up by another company? My lab owner says he saw a something in a Facebook lab group, but I can't find any info.
No, but if you find out who please post it here.

K

karlanm

Reaction score
If you are quick on your feet the valplast, bearing press looking thing works wonders. I haven't had a short cast in years. More spruing technique than anything.

I

Inna-Hurry

Reaction score
If you are quick on your feet the valplast, bearing press looking thing works wonders. I haven't had a short cast in years. More spruing technique than anything.
Ever get a handle caught in a shirt pocket while closing!!!??? Do you generally go with 2 or 3 sprues? I do 3.

Nathan Ardelean

Nathan Ardelean

Reaction score
I know of a myerson flexpress you could get for under $1000. Theyre nice machines I sold mine awhile back though. IMO all flexibles are a royal pain.
What is it? Do you have a link to this flexpress? Thanks

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
it was sold. sorry.