Making Room

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
They are Yenadents machines with the Origin name. I love the Origin machines they have done our business well for what we need.

We spent the whole day rebuilding the Pro 4000 machine we ran through everything and wired everything and man it looks brand new again. As I left for the day I had all 5 machines running for the night and man it was cool to watch.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
how many scanners are feedin these puppies??

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
how many scanners are feedin these puppies??

We have one guy that mans two scanners and two guys design all day. We run roughly 100 units through with the three people. Having enough mills now like we do gives us the equipment to really go market and hopefully grow more.

We need to add another designer to take some of the stress off of the two guys that just design. We have found it is best to have all the people and equipment in place before taking on more work then having more work and not enough people or machines.

With 4 zirconia mills and a now dedicated wet mill we should be good to go.

Tramp

Tramp

Reaction score
So you mean, you are doing mostly full ceramic? zirconia, wet milled ceramic?
Titan, metal? What about it?

I'm impressed of you market. How many points are you doing monthly?

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
Yes our lab for February was 95% all ceramic which is zirconia and eMax. We mill all of our eMax on our wet mill. The other 4 mills are dry mills for zirconia.

The only metal I mill is Ti Abutments. I don't mill metal copings it's not worth it to me. To many problems with porcelain not bonding to the CrCo or Ti. I'd rather just cast a quick noble coping.

Tramp

Tramp

Reaction score
Yes our lab for February was 95% all ceramic which is zirconia and eMax. We mill all of our eMax on our wet mill. The other 4 mills are dry mills for zirconia.

The only metal I mill is Ti Abutments. I don't mill metal copings it's not worth it to me. To many problems with porcelain not bonding to the CrCo or Ti. I'd rather just cast a quick noble coping.
Really nice.

They are all 4 axes? You don't need 5 axes for some screw retained jobs?

edit:

Ow, i read wrong. 4 mills :)

Last edited:
ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
We have three 4 axis mills and two 5 axis mills.

eyeloveteeth

eyeloveteeth

Reaction score
We have one guy that mans two scanners and two guys design all day. We run roughly 100 units through with the three people. Having enough mills now like we do gives us the equipment to really go market and hopefully grow more.

We need to add another designer to take some of the stress off of the two guys that just design. We have found it is best to have all the people and equipment in place before taking on more work then having more work and not enough people or machines.

With 4 zirconia mills and a now dedicated wet mill we should be good to go.

wait..so you essentially have one person scanning? - is there a backup if he goes down?

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
All we have is one person scanning. We have other people that can scan if he is out sick. We're trying to get everyone to learn everything. Our lab is running really lean right now.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
All we have is one person scanning. We have other people that can scan if he is out sick. We're trying to get everyone to learn everything. Our lab is running really lean right now.

Tyler how many scanner does he operate? 1 or 2? I have our setup with two computers next to each other, each one has a scanner (d700) connected to it. I enter on the server then scan on both the server and the client pc. Easily I can scan in 25-28 units in one hour just tag teaming back and forth on the two scanners. I'm done scanning cases with in 3.5 hours tops. Just curious as to how your setup is.

ParkwayDental

ParkwayDental

Reaction score
Our scanning person operates two scanners simultaneously. He has a D800 on his left and a D700 on the right. He is usually done scanning by 2pm and then he will clean the mills and cut everything out that has milled the night before and during the day. Once he is done cutting out he moves to the CAM computer and starts nesting everything. He does a hell of a job and he will be missed once he leaves. He takes night classes so he can become a EMT.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
Our scanning person operates two scanners simultaneously. He has a D800 on his left and a D700 on the right. He is usually done scanning by 2pm and then he will clean the mills and cut everything out that has milled the night before and during the day. Once he is done cutting out he moves to the CAM computer and starts nesting everything. He does a hell of a job and he will be missed once he leaves. He takes night classes so he can become a EMT.

Those type of employees are near impossible to find. And once you do find them they are temporary. Thats a good flow plan right there.

Posted from a Galaxy S4.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
Tyler how many scanner does he operate? 1 or 2? I have our setup with two computers next to each other, each one has a scanner (d700) connected to it. I enter on the server then scan on both the server and the client pc. Easily I can scan in 25-28 units in one hour just tag teaming back and forth on the two scanners. I'm done scanning cases with in 3.5 hours tops. Just curious as to how your setup is.

You can run both scanners off one computer simultaneously!

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
You can run both scanners off one computer simultaneously!

I don't think you can, I have them each set up on two different pc's. one is the server and the other is a client then I have one more client as a design station, but can also design on the server as well.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
I don't think you can, I have them each set up on two different pc's. one is the server and the other is a client then I have one more client as a design station, but can also design on the server as well.

I'm sorry. I meant you can run one monitor....not one pc. Don't know what I was thinking. My bad.

Sevan P

Sevan P

Reaction score
I'm sorry. I meant you can run one monitor....not one pc. Don't know what I was thinking. My bad.

LOL. I know about that KVM switch, but I like to have both monitors so I can see the percentage stage each scanner is at in each stage lessens down time on scanning and you run more efficient.

KentPWalton

KentPWalton

Reaction score
I understand Sevan...it seems to help out flow. I've worked with both and I also liked using two monitors.

greeny

greeny

Sponsors
Reaction score
Looking good! Now we just need you to keep advertising those custom abutments so you can ramp up your production at a level that's high enough for a D5 to make sense! ;-)

Techy

Techy

Reaction score
As long as they are not cutting 2 units each!!! :) jk

Top Bottom