Maestro or d500 or ???

Terry Whitty

Terry Whitty

Reaction score
Sorry... What model Marstro scanner do you have.. It's usually on sticker on the back.

O

ortho-niv

Reaction score
Hello terry.
I read here that you have a lot of experience with maestro scanner.
Is the new model mds400 better than the smart optics- activity 855 for the purposes of orthodontics (clear aligner). Thank you

O

ortho-niv

Reaction score
Hi ,
All the tests I have done with the scanner have been positive as far as impression scanning goes.
I will send you the scans as soon as get back from vacation.
What model scanner do you have?
Yes you could make retainers no problem.
Hi.
Can you tell me haw to scen Impression.
After scanning. Haw i make the virtual model ?
Thanks

K

kotharyabbas

Reaction score
Hello All,
You guys are all experts so your guidance will be highly valuable for me so please share your thoughts. I would like to introduce offering the fabrication of CAD designed fabricated Indirect bonding trays of all brackets at one go. Any guidance if this type of bonding is accurate and really works and is time saving for the Orthodontist?

Has anyone used the Maestro 3D Ortho software for CAD bracket arrangements? Does the user have to be a Orthodontist or Ortho tech for using this software for doing the virtual setups? Please guide.

thanks

D

drvvij

Reaction score
Hello All,
You guys are all experts so your guidance will be highly valuable for me so please share your thoughts. I would like to introduce offering the fabrication of CAD designed fabricated Indirect bonding trays of all brackets at one go. Any guidance if this type of bonding is accurate and really works and is time saving for the Orthodontist?

Has anyone used the Maestro 3D Ortho software for CAD bracket arrangements? Does the user have to be a Orthodontist or Ortho tech for using this software for doing the virtual setups? Please guide.

thanks

I have used the trial version, if you know how to position brackets you could use it but i don't think it could be used offsite because there is no way for the orthodontist to approve the set up or modify it, which I'm sure they would want to do.

I ended up upgrading to the mds400 and it is a good scanner but i never could scan impressions sucessfully. There were always holes where the incisors were even if I cut back the impression back. There is also no way to articulate models from scanned impressions

D

drvvij

Reaction score
Ive never heard of them before, thanks for sharing. i don't know what relevance this is to using CAD unless they could be 3d printed

BobCDT

BobCDT

Reaction score
there is a lot more to going digital than the scanner. Most scanners available will do the trick. You should also be considering CAD and indications you may be interested in.

Top Bottom