Lucitone HIPA Users

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
Have been using FRS successfully for 13 years. Just been informed that it has been discountinued. Have ordered some cartridges of Karadent. They don't have any with the nozzle yet. Any advice on injecting the cylindrical cartridges with the Success system? I hear they need to be scored to allow injection.
I can tell you its great material, but not easy to work with. Higher heat, more pressure, flasked repair, and more dense. Not sure if a frs unit can handle it. You'll need to practice. Forget manual injectors.

Probably need to switch to Duraflex, I-flex, ect. Closer to FRS

Yourgoes

Yourgoes

Reaction score
I can't believe I am writing anything in defense or even support of Dentsply, but... HIPA has proven to be better than we expected, but it's not a miracle material, but it's decent. We tweaked the polymer/monomer ratio a little from their recommendations to get better results.
I was expecting more fractures/repeat repairs by now. So far nothing.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
I can't believe I am writing anything in defense or even support of Dentsply, but... HIPA has proven to be better than we expected, but it's not a miracle material, but it's decent. We tweaked the polymer/monomer ratio a little from their recommendations to get better results.
Yeah, I got to agree as well. Its good stuff. And I've tried several.
I am still praying Keystone comes up with something equal to or better. Then I'm D-Free

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
We had a big issue???? Monomer started turning beige then "SNAP" was a solid block i the bottle. Was always stored out of any light source also. Only got to use about 60% of the product. Just weird.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
We had a big issue???? Monomer started turning beige then "SNAP" was a solid block i the bottle. Was always stored out of any light source also. Only got to use about 60% of the product. Just weird.
The monomer is strange indeed. Looks like milk. Last 1\4" always brown..
This stuff reacts with air strangely. Any of you that use it regularly knows the "Vaseline Effect" of the residue.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the Henry Schein denture repair materials like Arcraweld or their light cured base plates?