Loving Locator attachments/Implants

prodigy1

prodigy1

Reaction score
We are doing a lot of internal frames for locators. Love doing them because they are easy to make, we can make them quickly, and they are cost effective for our customers.

photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG
photo 3.JPG

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I love how you have stole my photo of my work ( in flask) and claiming it as your work. High 5 spammer should go a long way to get you some outsourcing!

prodigy1

prodigy1

Reaction score
I love how you have stole my photo of my work ( in flask) and claiming it as your work. High 5 spammer should go a long way to get you some outsourcing!
SORRY you are correct. I liked your design awhile back and saved your photo and selected it by mistake when I was trying to show my pics. This is the TRUTH! Sorry again!

N

noenegdod

Reaction score
Bahahahaha

Edit: This is funny 'cause in a given group Im usually this guy.

Last edited:
droberts

droberts

Reaction score
John, start placing your name across any photos presented. Will eliminate any question
of who's who. By the way, only 3 implants with a horseshoe frame?

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Well this thread started out exciting...wtf!!! On a serious note, is anyone here suggesting or doing ball type of attachments, especially when you have a root canal tooth and it's prepped, that way you can cast the attachment together?...or is the locator the way to go?

W

wilkscm

Reaction score
Ball attachments work really well I prefer them to lacator

prodigy1

prodigy1

Reaction score
Well this thread started out exciting...wtf!!! On a serious note, is anyone here suggesting or doing ball type of attachments, especially when you have a root canal tooth and it's prepped, that way you can cast the attachment together?...or is the locator the way to go?
Locators never fail and this is MY OWN opinion lol. :)

N

noenegdod

Reaction score
By the way, only 3 implants with a horseshoe frame?

Meh, he's not liable. The dentist/denturist is on the hook. If a patient walked in with that Id send them on their way. I wouldnt ever touch that. The pink stuff is horrible as well, takes up room to set teeth. Just use an opaque acrylic like implant ivocap.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Slow down gents, this is a bar case on 3 implants with 3 locators on the top of the bar. I never process back to the bar on over-dentures this is a stone duplicate of the bar blocked out. Splinting the fixtures does two things for a case like this it allows you to place the attachments in a better tripod non linear fashion. This case was also done for a gentleman that was getting a sinus lift and placing 3 more fixtures to accommodate a fixed hybrid after all things were integrated.

As many of you know that work for high end clients the client wants what he wants. Paying twice for a high end case is not the norm but it happens from time to time. Some of these patients we service do not care what it costs they just want the best. We also did the lower as well

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
I guess this is where I just roll my eyes and move on, your comments are not worthy of a reply.

kcdt

kcdt

Reaction score
SORRY you are correct. I liked your design awhile back and saved your photo and selected it by mistake when I was trying to show my pics. This is the TRUTH! Sorry again!
Instead of proliferating your posts all over the place wherein you show that picture as YOUR work, perhaps you'd be a tad more believable if you deleted the photo(s) in question....
although if this is any indication of your attention to detail, then you're already toast, sonny.

N

noenegdod

Reaction score
I guess this is where I just roll my eyes and move on, your comments are not worthy of a reply.

There are typically two possibilities for a reply like that. The first is you cant justify what you did and/or you think your work is beyond reproach, the second and implied reason is you think Im stupid.

I clearly stated I was confused by your comment and asked for an explanation. Had you simply stated the treament plan it would have been clear what the miscommunication was and I would have understood. Great demonstration of character, and screw you for telling everyone on here you think Im stupid.

1. The picture posted by the OP that you stated is yours, clearly pictures a framework that is going to be processed into a horse shoe denture supported by three individual implants. The the case posted and described by yourself is clearly not. There is no comparison between the two cases in terms of long term prognosis. As stated, you work under prescription, you are not liable for the outcome, you can not change the prescription without approval from the prescribing dentist without great risk. There are a hand full of crappy dentists that do that crap, most get away with it.

2. Doing more procedures that do not add value to the case, simply because the client has a fat wallet amounts to theft, and it certainly does not make it "the best". You can not justify adding the coating to a framework that will not be visible. Period. It amounts to theft. There are substantially better ways of hiding metal than adding yet another material to the mix, that does not even hide the locator housings. Again as long as it was on the prescription, its not your issue. Its not ethical for the dentist to prescribe it simply because the patient can afford to pay, but its not your issue.

The dentist has an obligation to provide the patient with treatment options, explain the procedures and materials involved in those treatment options and give them a prognosis for each option. There is no justifiable reason to coat either of those frames. It is simply fee padding. The more you charge the dentist, the more he charged the patient. Again your insulated, your just a yes man, happy to take the money.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Dude, he won't say it because he's a Moderator, but I will. Stop acting like a little bitch...seriously, I bet you still got the pencil you wrote down names when the teacher was out of the class in third grade don't you? See, you probably had some valuable information to share but a post like that just screams troll...and we all move on, not really giving any credence what you have to say. Now if your a person of reason, which you may, I'm giving it 50/50 at this moment in time, then you'll see your own fault for the implication of calling someone a thief and apologize. If not, then I guess troll it is...which is sad really, then nobody really benefits from any of this...then again, maybe that's your intention?

droberts

droberts

Reaction score

John, "flask photo" looked as if the Locators were to the tissue. More photos explained it well. Nice job!

Slow down gents, this is a bar case on 3 implants with 3 locators on the top of the bar. I never process back to the bar on over-dentures this is a stone duplicate of the bar blocked out. Splinting the fixtures does two things for a case like this it allows you to place the attachments in a better tripod non linear fashion. This case was also done for a gentleman that was getting a sinus lift and placing 3 more fixtures to accommodate a fixed hybrid after all things were integrated.

As many of you know that work for high end clients the client wants what he wants. Paying twice for a high end case is not the norm but it happens from time to time. Some of these patients we service do not care what it costs they just want the best. We also did the lower as well

droberts

droberts

Reaction score

Rob, the Locator is the lowest profile attachment on the market. Keep in mind, it is also has the
widest housing. Have used both coping / ball and locators. Depends on the case.
With a root canal and locator. The metal post and core must extend a minimum of 5mm in the hole.
Have done some custom (laser welding) due to the threads would not line up in the post/core hole, needing
the mechanical retention. Threads cut off, coping milled to flat surface and laser weld the locator in correct
placement. Mostly use locator when can, otherwise Bredent ball attachments.

JohnWilson

JohnWilson

Reaction score
Thanks Danny,

Whats funny is how this thread started out as a solicitation by Prodigy not thinking I would remember my own case into a moral debate on treatment modalities and moral finger pointing. I know a few of you guys can attest to who I am and what caliber of work and character I have. I am in business to make money, we do that by providing solid products and stand behind our work. The caliber of clients that choose to send me work understand that and value my opinion. If you were to look over my tenure on these sorts of websites I try very hard to never point fingers and pound my chest by stating my way is the one and right way to produce a case. It just makes little sense and benefits no one. We all come to these sites to share our knowledge and with that we all have to have some professionalism.

Text often is a horrible way to communicate, I imagine as Rob has stated this new member has lots of knowledge to offer and perhaps he will find a way to share it in a manner that others will absorb rather than shun.

Lets get back to being colleagues rather than arguing and pointing fingers for no particular reason.