Love CubeX^2

Ken Knapp

Ken Knapp

Reaction score
Got to Love this Zirconia..
Beautiful, translucent and the shades. WOW!

What is your experience with CubeX^2?

Ken

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Got to Love this Zirconia..
Beautiful, translucent and the shades. WOW!

What is your experience with CubeX^2?

Ken
works well on the lighter shades. no good on darker shades. used it for about 8mo and got sick of fighting with it for the A3.5/A4/C3/C4/D3/D4 shades. moved to whipmix vericore and td extreme and havent looked back. FAR better results for a significantly reduced price.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I used the CubeX2, but seen a lot of failures with it around the 3-4 year mark. We switched to Katana and haven't seen those issues at all.

Ken Knapp

Ken Knapp

Reaction score
works well on the lighter shades. no good on darker shades. used it for about 8mo and got sick of fighting with it for the A3.5/A4/C3/C4/D3/D4 shades. moved to whipmix vericore and td extreme and havent looked back. FAR better results for a significantly reduced price.
Just did a D3 shade and no problema and darker shades as well. I use DD prosahde. Check your sintering temperature. Too high of temperature reduces the shade chroma. I'm sintering at 1375C.

Ken Knapp

Ken Knapp

Reaction score
I used the CubeX2, but seen a lot of failures with it around the 3-4 year mark. We switched to Katana and haven't seen those issues at all.
I used CubeX before CubeX^2 for about 3 years and no failures.

Ken Knapp

Ken Knapp

Reaction score
I love the TD-Extreme too and using Extreme for the majority of crowns.

However, the extra Yttria in CubeX^2 kick up the translucency another notch for the more esthetic cases.

Love it All!

Ken

Ken Knapp

Ken Knapp

Reaction score
Have you been using Katana 3-4 years now?

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Have you been using Katana 3-4 years now?
About two years...we find Katana much easier to work with (pre-shaded as well) and haven't seen the failures like we did with CubeX2.

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
I don’t recall a “CubeX”, just cubeX2 from a few years ago. Ken, are you speaking of the new Cube1 recently released finally this year?
The issue I had with the cubeX2 was the white sparkle after glaze unless it was rubber wheeled before stain/glaze.

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
I was having CAP mill out Cubex a couple years ago before i started milling. I think I have re done 3-4 this year do to breakage. Could be the prep also . But I dont use it for anything.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
I don’t recall a “CubeX”, just cubeX2 from a few years ago. Ken, are you speaking of the new Cube1 recently released finally this year?
The issue I had with the cubeX2 was the white sparkle after glaze unless it was rubber wheeled before stain/glaze.
Good question...I only remember CubeX2 as well. Never heard of the Cube1 though...you know anything about this?

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
Just did a D3 shade and no problema and darker shades as well. I use DD prosahde. Check your sintering temperature. Too high of temperature reduces the shade chroma. I'm sintering at 1375C.
like i said, toyed with it for 8mo. i get better more predictable results with other materials.

C

charles007

Reaction score
BioZ came out first followed by CubeX2 several years later and now added CubeOne.. DAL was my milling lab at the time and I was able to use BioZ and CubeX as they were deciding mill and sell as the distributor. Never had any crowns to break/crack that DAL milled for me in BioZ or CubeX2, but I stopped using CubeX2 shortly after using it. Not a happy camper with Cube2 at that time. DAL helped DentalDirekt improve their Bio coloring liquids that many labs still use with various brands of zirconia.

hdlc

hdlc

Reaction score
The same, Katana also has better value, doesn't look grey when putting on a Ti base. Love this Zr.