Lost a finished case when adjusting Crown bottoms......exo.....

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
In the past I’ve had to change Cr Bottoms # because my two milling labs require different cement gap. Had a six unit all finished in design, but before last click to copy I went to expert,delete reconstructions, changed it and when I went back my design reverted to beginning to default library teeth design,Banghead
So am I to learn that that step only works after “copy” ?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
In the past I’ve had to change Cr Bottoms # because my two milling labs require different cement gap. Had a six unit all finished in design, but before last click to copy I went to expert,delete reconstructions, changed it and when I went back my design reverted to beginning to default library teeth design,Banghead
Ouch dud! That's harsh.

technician

technician

Reaction score
Hello if I need to change something like that, for example, the cement space because I want to make a copy in pmma of a Zi bridge then I never click the save button until the last step then you can save with a different name like "bridge pmma" . In that case, you will have the original and the new one saved.

L

LarryRDC

Reaction score
What I usually do in a situation like that is “delete construction”, turn off all the other mesh ( leaving just the designed bridge top) . Save that as an stl. ( name it pre-op). Then re-start the design, loading the scan data only. In expert mode, add new mesh, bring in the saved stl as a pre-op scan( the coordinates will be already aligned),set the new cement gaps, quickly set your teeth proposals with-in the pre-op , a quick run through the wizard, adapt to the pre-op , clean it up and done. Usually only takes about 5 minutes. There may be a better way but this works for me

user name

user name

Reaction score
Youre making it WAY too hard.

At any point before youre completely done, click expert. Then put your cursor over a crown and left click. A menu will rise up from the bottom of the screen. Select crown bottoms and make the change. Then exit expert.
When you do it this way, youre only changing 'that' tooth.

If youre all done, click expert and select 'delete merged parts'. That just separates the coping part from the anatomical part. Then proceed as above.

There are other ways to do it too.
You can right click on the back ground and will get a long menu.

Dont be so quick to click. Delete construction sets you back to the beginning. Be careful.

Last edited:
user name

user name

Reaction score
@ps2thtec
Delete 'construction' is deleting what youve constructed.

Delete 'merged parts' just separates the crown top from the crown bottom.

As you go through the design process, wizard will guide you through designing (or setting parameters) of the crown bottom first. then it will take you through designing the anatomical parts. At the very end of the process, the last click stitches the crown and the bottom together at the margin. To make any changes to the bottom, you must 'unstitch the two parts. Thats 'delete merged parts'. They should have called it something else!

Sorry to be repeating myself. Exo is awesome, but youve got to watch what you click.

user name

user name

Reaction score
When things go wrong, there should be a warning that pops up and askes if this is really what you want to do. Untill then, I suggest you get a keyboard like this...

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
Thanks..."....
I wish I was more fluent in computer-speak Pcguru
Now it’s back to the drawing board 🤬

user name

user name

Reaction score
Thanks..."....
I wish I was more fluent in computer-speak Pcguru
Now it’s back to the drawing board 🤬
When your milling labs receive your files, they have no idea what youve selected for cement gap. They might make a recommendation, but what they want is their margin design parameters. They might be milling a bit aggressive, trying to get a bit more time off their worn tools, or just want some safety built in, so they want thicker margin designs so things dont chip. Cement gap is all you and what you want.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Personally...I like a nice gap.

user name

user name

Reaction score
I was hoping this would be where the thread goes off the rails and you start posting pics of "nice gap" until we get a Mod involved telling us to stop it.

millennium

millennium

Donator
Reaction score
You have to save periodically throughout your design process so when this happens you are at your last save not the very beginning. I have 0.03 for Argens anterior zirconia and 0.095 for their HT+preshaded as far as different cement gaps go.

user name

user name

Reaction score
My fellow exo friends! Who hasnt accidentally deleted a design?
I did yesterday. Fortunately...its not actually gone, and you can get it back.
Just STOP what youre doing. Clicking 'back' doesnt work. Click the upper right little X box to exit the screen. It will ask you if you want to save the scene. NO

Youll be back on the DB page. Just hit design. Boom. Its back.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
My fellow exo friends! Who hasnt accidentally deleted a design?
I did yesterday. Fortunately...its not actually gone, and you can get it back.
Just STOP what youre doing. Clicking 'back' doesnt work. Click the upper right little X box to exit the screen. It will ask you if you want to save the scene. NO

Youll be back on the DB page. Just hit design. Boom. Its back.
It's sort of like a time machine.
:0

user name

user name

Reaction score
It's sort of like a time machine.
:0
I wish my mouth worked that way.
Say something stupid and regrettable. Someone (she) could say, 'really'? and give you the option to say no and exit the scene without saving the moment.