Loose nightguards

nvarras

nvarras

Reaction score
I have one account where the nightguard fit the model nicely but they are too loose in the mouth. Anyone know why this is happening? They are using alginate.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
Not sure why, maybe it's the alginate...or the stone. However, can you just tighten it up more on the model, or carry it down further to get more of the undercuts?

nvarras

nvarras

Reaction score
It’s clear splint and I don’t block out. They’re tight on the model when they leave. come back for a remake and it’s loose on the new model. my guess is something the assistant is doing. just not sure what. Two other docs in the same office and zero issues.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
It’s clear splint and I don’t block out. They’re tight on the model when they leave. come back for a remake and it’s loose on the new model. my guess is something the assistant is doing. just not sure what. Two other docs in the same office and zero issues.
Time for show and tell with an impression results/model pouring class.

If you start trying to change what you're doing as you guess whether it'll be fine or not this time you'll give yourself more problems as you have no way to know if this is a 'loose result model' or a 'tight/proper result model'.

TheLabGuy

TheLabGuy

Just a Member
Reaction score
When it comes back loose, does it have grind marks in it? A new model/impression provided?

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
:Congrats:

Chalky

Chalky

Reaction score
Ive had this before... get them to check the expiry date on the alginate!