Looking to buy a scanner and a printer

eddydy

eddydy

Reaction score
Hello
Just got back from Chicago's meeting, it looks like it's time for me to move forward digitally.

I own a removable lab, therefore anything I buy should be pertaining to that.

I'm looking to buy a scanner, printer and maybe later on a milling machine.

My mind is set on the Medit scanner with Exocad and the Labforms 2.

My question is, who do you recommend I buy it from, someone who has the best support, I will need training,
and someone that can possibly offer financing.

Thanks
Imad

Hayden40

Hayden40

Reaction score
What I know most of the providers do finance, I got a few offers when I’ve been in Chicago to finance ( Injection machine) .. you can check with Zahn.

eddydy

eddydy

Reaction score
What I know most of the providers do finance, I got a few offers when I’ve been in Chicago to finance ( Injection machine) .. you can check with Zahn.
Thank you for helping
I did contact Zahn, they don't carry the Medit.
Still looking and will eventually decide.

Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez

Reaction score
Do you understand the difference between Laser SLA and DLP SLA? FormLab is good scanner but definitely not a Lab Scanner. The Shining3D with Exocad works great!

eddydy

eddydy

Reaction score
thank you for stepping in, I will take a look at both.

eddydy

eddydy

Reaction score
I meant to say not a good 3D printer

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Yes I did understand what you meant.
When I said both I meant both suggestions (both replies),
rc75 and yours.
Thanks

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
why not objet ? why not 3dsystems ? why have you set yourself up for formlabs?

if its just an issue of price, then mix this into your stew: investing in a 3dsystems printer for castable resin patterns and hard plastic for models may be expensive, but returns in reliability long term, versus a formlabs printer which has shown itself to be of lesser quality in the same term. they werent made to handle production, just prototyping.

besides that, with 3dsystems and objet you have access to the world of high end elastomer printing and resins that people such as zirkonzahn would work to integrating. its not only objet that researches its line of fluids.

disregarding these companies because of price is a big mistake.

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
The thing about the Formlabs is that it works and is cost effective.

I say this with a bit of hesitation because they are not real printers according to some people. Kind of like alot of people think the Roland is not a real milling machine.

They fact of the matter is dentists are buying them and using them. So are dental labs. Good enough for Matt Roberts.

You have to be doing alot of printing to justify the cost of the big printers and all the things that come with them.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
so then can you explain why 2 years on, so many people rebuy the machine instead of service it? i will give you 4000 reasons why.

thats why its not a real printer. you get no longevity, and you reinvest before the shelf life is up. same reason people buy roland. its cheap enough that when it breaks it can be easily replaced.

how does that even remotely sound like quality. it sounds like production on the bottom dollar, not on the value of your product. those who care to do their stuff right and do it with ongevity, buy better machines. case in point: argen will sell you any roland you want, because they have enough buying power to just flip them but they use exclusively Versamill in house.

panthera doesnt use roland except to play keytar on karaoke nights.

cheap junk only gets you so far in any industry, and big players dont use cheap junk.

formlabs is nice for at home projects, nothing more. anyone who has tried using their resin will tell you how problematic it is.

S

sirmorty

Reaction score
Great points Luke,

I just think that 3d printing in the dental industry being so new and changing so fast it's not really worth buying a machine for 50k to print models.

Matt Roberts knows his stuff and perhaps I'm being an idioit and Formlabs drove a dump truck full of money to his house.

I dont think the guy was asking to compete with Argen. I'm just saying it's worth looking into at the price point.

eddydy

eddydy

Reaction score
Thank you all for your valued inputs and debates;)
This is what I was looking for, hearing from experienced digital users like your.
I will check into different printers as well.
Thanks you
Imad

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
The formlabs page on FB scares the hell out of me.
I would want a printer that has similar quality and longevity as my porcelain furnaces.

Is that asking too much people,well is it? :banghead:

Top Bottom