Looking to buy a porcelain oven... any advice.

P

pauljeekim1

Reaction score
Hello all.

I'm considering buying a new porcelain oven for home use. I'm a very amateur ceramist, but I'd like to have it around so I can throw up a couple of firings between tv shows at home. As much as I'd like to buy a dekema, that's just not in the budget for now. I have yet to contact the sales people, but I came across Dentsply's website and saw their NeyFire and Multimat porcelain ovens. Other google sites listed them as fairly cheap, so I'll still have to confirm that with the sales rep.... I'm hoping it falls in the $3000 range.

But, can anyone give me any feedback on these two ovens? I've listed the links below, so you can get some familiarization to what they look like.

NeyFire T

Multimat NTX (not the pressing one)

Thank you for your time. Hope everyone is staying safe during these times.

pk.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Hello all.

I'm considering buying a new porcelain oven for home use. I'm a very amateur ceramist, but I'd like to have it around so I can throw up a couple of firings between tv shows at home. As much as I'd like to buy a dekema, that's just not in the budget for now. I have yet to contact the sales people, but I came across Dentsply's website and saw their NeyFire and Multimat porcelain ovens. Other google sites listed them as fairly cheap, so I'll still have to confirm that with the sales rep.... I'm hoping it falls in the $3000 range.

But, can anyone give me any feedback on these two ovens? I've listed the links below, so you can get some familiarization to what they look like.

NeyFire T

Multimat NTX (not the pressing one)

Thank you for your time. Hope everyone is staying safe during these times.

pk.
Greetings Earthling! Welcome!

Some opinions (and maybe other options) by those who know enough to say something useful or funny will be along. Gotta wait for that coffee pot.

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
I would also call Garland. I bought their Summit oven porcelain/press combo. Verry Happy and reasonable!

Kam Yu

Kam Yu

Reaction score
I would look on ebay for a used zubler or ibex summit if money is a big concern. Zubler ovens are durable in my experience so used is great.

P

pauljeekim1

Reaction score
Greetings Earthling! Welcome!

Some opinions (and maybe other options) by those who know enough to say something useful or funny will be along. Gotta wait for that coffee pot.
Thanks!

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
If you can wait a bit longer, there will be many labs going under from the lockdown.
They may even throw in the delivery car for the right offer.

P

pauljeekim1

Reaction score
If you can wait a bit longer, there will be many labs going under from the lockdown.
They may even throw in the delivery car for the right offer.
I was thinking about that too...

This is for me to do some small work/practice at home, so I can definitely wait... but the impatient side of me is what always gets me...

K

KIM

Reaction score
I would look on ebay for a used zubler or ibex summit if money is a big concern. Zubler ovens are durable in my experience so used is great.
Zubler makes a great firing and pressing furnace, you're right!
I was thinking about that too...

This is for me to do some small work/practice at home, so I can definitely wait... but the impatient side of me is what always gets me...
Zubler does make a great furnace. We used to sell & service them and might even have one available but in the meantime, i found one on Ebay if you're interested:

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
$3500 is a high price for a used zubler, I bought mine new in the box for less than that on ebay. If you want cheap, get a used ivoclar oven, I found one with pump for $1000. German quality same as zubler.. Dentsply probably has theirs made in china.

P

pauljeekim1

Reaction score
$3500 is a high price for a used zubler, I bought mine new in the box for less than that on ebay. If you want cheap, get a used ivoclar oven, I found one with pump for $1000. German quality same as zubler.. Dentsply probably has theirs made in china.

I was wondering about that.... wasn't sure if $3500 was a good price or not, not having been in the market before.

I spoke with a sales rep today, and got a quote of $5000 for a new CS2. Would you think a used oven in the $3500 range, or a new oven for $5000 with 2 year warranty + additional 2 year extended warranty through my credit card?

Of course, if I could find a good used oven for $1000, that would be great too...

P

pauljeekim1

Reaction score

oops... duplicate response. don't know how to delete. heh...

P

pauljeekim1

Reaction score
Zubler makes a great firing and pressing furnace, you're right!

Zubler does make a great furnace. We used to sell & service them and might even have one available but in the meantime, i found one on Ebay if you're interested:

Thanks for the info. I got a quote for $5000 for a new CS2. So, I'm weighing the options....

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
While I will agree that not all ovens are created equal.. the zubler is awesome. The more bells and whistles, like touch screens.. just like an audi, the more they are to repair. I have a zubler 300 but I use an ivoclar ep600 combi to press.. I paid $600 for it on ebay. Just beware because they dont make some parts for these ovens.. which is true for a new $5000 furnace as well.. You get 5-7 years, then you can dump it if it doesnt work unfortunately.

P

pauljeekim1

Reaction score
While I will agree that not all ovens are created equal.. the zubler is awesome. The more bells and whistles, like touch screens.. just like an audi, the more they are to repair. I have a zubler 300 but I use an ivoclar ep600 combi to press.. I paid $600 for it on ebay. Just beware because they dont make some parts for these ovens.. which is true for a new $5000 furnace as well.. You get 5-7 years, then you can dump it if it doesnt work unfortunately.
Thanks. i'm really torn.. looking at used Zublers for $3000, or a new CS2 for $5000 (with 2 year warranty, and 2 year extended warranty on my credit card)... Not sure which way to go.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Chris wilson @ zubler = +1

Zubler really is a great oven, only issue ive had is the screen always gets dim.. or not contrasted. I have to adjust it constantly, then its fine.

Top Bottom