Looking into buying a Scanner

Kreszl

Kreszl

Reaction score
Thanks for the input. Really appreciate it. Our Straumann rep told us with the Exocad system we could still send Straumann custom abutments & from what I understand the Exocad system is supposed to be totally open. It seems like a lot of people seem to prefer & are happy with the Exocad system. Now if we can just get it at a comparable price & financing to what Straumann is offering for the Chicago Lab Day special.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
Even with a price discount, you will regret a closed system. Ask anyone who has dealt with closed systems.

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
If ya don't mind me asking. What scanner is argen selling for how much.

Gru

Gru

Reaction score
We have been debating between Straumann's "Dental Wings" vs Argen's Exocad recently. I was curious if you were using Dental Wings and what your feelings were towards Straumann's support & capabilities. We've been leaning toward's Argen's Exocad offer but Straumann is offering a better deal on their Dental Wings scanner system (apart from the licensing fees). We're currently getting offers from both but with no experience on either, a little unsure which seems to be the better way to go.

Kreszl, take some time and search the forum for "straumann" "dental wings" "CS2" and see more opinions on the issue. I'm a huge fan of Straumann's support, but that's as far as it goes. I dropped the system over a year ago and went with DOF hd/ exocad. Make no mistake, you will pay a license fee or for support/upgrades. The primary difference is exo doesn't lock you out if you don't do it on a license time table as the others will.

Whatever you decide make certain the output is no-fee open .stl.

Kreszl

Kreszl

Reaction score
Even with a price discount, you will regret a closed system. Ask anyone who has dealt with closed systems.

Both are open systems, It's really a matter of one using Exocad & the other using Dental Wings & price/quality. From the beginning of this venture, closed systems were off the table for us.

If ya don't mind me asking. What scanner is argen selling for how much.

It's the Reveng Deluxe Scanner with Exocad. About $19,000 for everything

Last edited by a moderator:
EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
Never heard of that scanner. What modules will you get for that price

Kreszl

Kreszl

Reaction score

C&B, Implant & Model Creator

I know Argen had it on display at their table during the Atlantic City Lab Day show, although I believe there have been some hardware & software improvements since last summer.

Last edited by a moderator:
EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
Not bad looking. Looks like it has a stable base much like my HD. NO STUPID clamping. Huge time saver.

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
So it appears the Medit and the DOF scanners both use exocad and are both made in Korea. Anybody ever have a problem with having a repair done? The Open Technologies scanner is made in Italy...any problem in getting repairs done on it? Are there service centers in the US for these things? Free loaners while waiting on repair?

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
DOF repaired here. Rumors of repair facility in Cali for Medit, but haven't been confirmed.

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
*** will take care of you. CMD

awhurst011

awhurst011

Reaction score
Is anyone doing Digital Dentures and having success? What systems are you using?

Drizzt

Drizzt

Reaction score
If I was buying a scanner tomorrow , I would go with Medit Identica Hybrid . I got the chance to play a bit with one , and I was REALLY impressed with it . Better than my GC Aadva scanner regarding speed , and the captured data seemed to be more accurately captured , although I don't think it will make any difference in the real world .

Exocad is the only choice for me out there . Dental Wings , forget it . I have one collecting dust , if you like I can sell it to you for really cheap !! lol
3shape is great , but way too many bugs , glitches etc . Be a member on the 3shape page on Facebook , and you will see for yourself . I know people , who spent the 40+ k to buy D2000 , and the thing doesn't work , at least the special high end features of it . Until recently people had to run older versions of the software because the newest was simply impossible to run ? Also for me the mandatory fee from 3shape is a big no . If you don't pay they lock your system ? The system you paid WAY too much to buy ?? It is absurd ! Basically , you pay to buy the hardware , and then you rent the software ? Never really understood the logic behind this one .

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Sure ,stick the knife in a little deeper!:confused:

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
I just watched the Hybrid scan and exocad design demo.

I think I fell asleep.
very slow, no wonder you guys work weekends.

C

charles007

Reaction score
I just watched the Hybrid scan and exocad design demo.

I think I fell asleep.
very slow, no wonder you guys work weekends.
You are soooo jealous.... Laugh

If you blink your eyes you miss out the scanning process on the Hybrid lol

Top Bottom