CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i vote for a 3shape d800

CreDes

CreDes

Reaction score
Here's the reason that I went with 3Shape. I want to be able to send abutments to 3i, Zimmer, Nobel, CAP, or any other manufacturer that I want. I don't think that exocad designed abutments can go to all of these manufacturers. I do hate the fees though.

L

LarryRDC

Reaction score
I started out with a Cercon system years ago then moved on 2 years ago with the Medit scanner (Have a Blue and a Hybrid now) coupled with Exocad. I've been able to do custom abutments and screw retained. I have done Zimmer, Straumann, Nobel, MegaGen, Keystone, Astratech, 3i, and can send to anyone I want to mill the Tops for ZI. Do your research, go as open as you can, and you'll have no limits. The thing about Exocad is that can pretty much can use it with a ton of scanners

A

Andrew Singer

Reaction score
If you want to buy golfclubs you checkout what the best guys play. If you want a scanner check out what the big guys like Glidewell, Lee Culp and Matt Roberts are using.

awhurst011

awhurst011

Reaction score
Thanks for the all the great info everyone. I will continue to do my research. I appreciate all the advice to start.

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
Here's the reason that I went with 3Shape. I want to be able to send abutments to 3i, Zimmer, Nobel, CAP, or any other manufacturer that I want. I don't think that exocad designed abutments can go to all of these manufacturers. I do hate the fees though.

Maybe not, but they can go to Argen which gives you all of the same options with good quality, prices, and great warranties too. I too hate paying those fees (via Straumann) and may very well switch to an Exocad based system in the near future. Many more choices with scanners this way.

awhurst011

awhurst011

Reaction score
Are there any companies that Lease scanners? I was thinking about leasing because then I could try it out for a little while and then decide on making the big investment. I think im starting to lean more towards exocad....

rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Are there any companies that Lease scanners? I was thinking about leasing because then I could try it out for a little while and then decide on making the big investment. I think im starting to lean more towards exocad....

everybody leases

user name

user name

Reaction score
I love my Exocad sooo much more than 3Shape.

Jensen support is incredible, although you wouldnt likely need it much. I have been able to get answers from them late at night, weekends, etc. Incredible support.

Since I abandoned my 3Shape, my reseller has also given up on selling and support. License fees and support are now directly through 3shape. Way to go Dentspy. What will they screw up next.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
Dittos as far as Ivoclar Troy (WPT) support. Haven't tried them on the weekends, though. If I stay with 3Shape, I will be transferring my license to them.

Diadem Precision

Diadem Precision

Reaction score
Thank you Car 54. Our Tech Support center is open Monday - Friday 7 AM - 7 PM EST.

queenp

queenp

Reaction score
I have the 3Shape D700 I got it from Argen, maybe 3 years ago. It was a rocky start, they were new in the game and I'm not a techie, but I have to say that now the support that I get from Argen is stellar. Both Logan and Chris are sharp and talented, both come from a hands on background. When I am getting beat up by something challenging, I give them a call and they figure it out and and teach me tricks along the way.

Kreszl

Kreszl

Reaction score
Maybe not, but they can go to Argen which gives you all of the same options with good quality, prices, and great warranties too. I too hate paying those fees (via Straumann) and may very well switch to an Exocad based system in the near future. Many more choices with scanners this way.
We have been debating between Straumann's "Dental Wings" vs Argen's Exocad recently. I was curious if you were using Dental Wings and what your feelings were towards Straumann's support & capabilities. We've been leaning toward's Argen's Exocad offer but Straumann is offering a better deal on their Dental Wings scanner system (apart from the licensing fees). We're currently getting offers from both but with no experience on either, a little unsure which seems to be the better way to go.

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
We have been debating between Straumann's "Dental Wings" vs Argen's Exocad recently. I was curious if you were using Dental Wings and what your feelings were towards Straumann's support & capabilities. We've been leaning toward's Argen's Exocad offer but Straumann is offering a better deal on their Dental Wings scanner system (apart from the licensing fees). We're currently getting offers from both but with no experience on either, a little unsure which seems to be the better way to go.
Do you do Straumann abutments exclusively?
Go with an open CAD system.
exocad > Dental Wings

PDC

PDC

Reaction score

Well I can't really give you a comparison because I still use the CS2 scanner. It's my understanding that the new DW scanner is fast but the software is a little slower. If you are a newbie to CAD-Cam then I would just make sure the vendor you choose gives support as needed. I will say that Straumann has been very good with customer support for us...no waiting on call backs. Unless you are doing a lot of Straumann abutments I would probably recommend an Exocad based scanner. At least it won't be shut down if you decide not to do any upgrades.

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
Yuk to dental wings. I used dental wings for five years. Now I have a DOF HD running exocad. NO comparison. Exocad all the way. I can still have Straumann do certified custom abuts for me with it. But make sure the exocad you're using straumann will accept. My rep was in today ha told me that there are some relabeled versions of exocad they they don't accept. I got mine from CMD. UH OH. Am I allowed to mention him. [emoji51]

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
Yuk to dental wings. I used dental wings for five years. Now I have a DOF HD running exocad. NO comparison. Exocad all the way. I can still have Straumann do certified custom abuts for me with it. But make sure the exocad you're using straumann will accept. My rep was in today ha told me that there are some relabeled versions of exocad they they don't accept. I got mine from CMD. UH OH. Am I allowed to mention him. [emoji51]

Great info. Exactly what do you mean by "relabeled versions"? I thought they were all relabeled. Maybe I will just ask Straumann rep which versions they accept.

EJADA

EJADA

Reaction score
Great info. Exactly what do you mean by "relabeled versions"? I thought they were all relabeled. Maybe I will just ask Straumann rep which versions they accept.

I'm no expert on this. Just relaying what my straumann rep told me. My understanding is that some companies are more controlling in how they setup or sell Exocad. While I have a DOF HD. The Exocad software is totally open as I understand it. Just food for thought. And yes definitely ask your straumann rep.

Top Bottom