Looking for the correct heating elements and thermocouple

• Thread starter Dental Furnace Elements
  • Start date
OP
Dental Furnace Elements

Dental Furnace Elements

Sponsors
by the way I've posted here before about the extremely overpriced elements that zahn marks up, and I've ordered directly from kanthal and the prices on your site are very competitive to ordering direct.. however ordering from kanthal takes a long time..
Thank you for the feedback! We have a very close relationship with Kanthal (we have worked with them for nearly 15 years),so we have a solid partnership with them.

Lead time is always a consideration. The way that all heating elements are made, there really is no "standard", so everything is custom. The element specifications are set by the furnace OEM, and then the elements are made to order based on those specifications. We have been compiling a database of element sizes for common furnaces, which we try to keep in stock. We aren't perfect, but we are trying!

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Hi Everyone -
New forum user, but I am the owner of dentalfurnaceelements.com and have been selling MoSi2 elements for over a decade mostly into the industrial space, but we opened up the web shop a few years back as we noticed that the dental laboratory market was being under served by OEMs. We are the exclusive online reseller for Kanthal, a Swedish company who makes the elements used by almost all of the furnace manufactures (some of them mentioned in this thread ;) )

MoSi2 heating elements are deceptively complex. They come in several different grades, with price spreads that are pretty wide. On the lower end of the grade spectrum, the elements are quite inexpensive, but they spall more oxide (create more white powder),which is full of impurities and can cause discoloration issues with your zirconia.

Companies like Ivoclar have standardized on the Kanthal HT grade of MoSi2 elements, which although more expensive, are made to work in highly cyclic batch furnaces - like dental ovens - and create much less contamination. Not coincidentally, we stock HT grade elements as our standard grade at our place of business in Cleveland, OH.

I have written extensively about MoSi2 element life - check out these resources for more info:
MoSi2 Elements Primer
Element Glazing Explained
MoSi2 Element Installation

As a side note, just because your elements are glazed does not mean they are end of life (EOL). Glazing is normal and expected, and element failure is usually instantaneous with little or no warning. Average element life in dental furnaces seems to be around 20 months based on what I have seen. For high output labs, I usually recommend having spares on hand at 18 months and replacement at 24 months.

I hope that helps! Give me a call at 844.683.3682 if you have any more questions.

Warm Regards,
//John Davis

PS - our prices are usually 50% of what the OEMs are selling for! Check us out.
super excited to have you here and have a reasonable option for elements! i have two diff sinter furnaces and will reach out when the time comes for new ones!

OP
Dental Furnace Elements

Dental Furnace Elements

Sponsors
Thank you for the kind words @sidesh0wb0b! What kind of furnaces do you have? I will make sure to have elements in stock.

Reactions: JMN
OP
Dental Furnace Elements

Dental Furnace Elements

Sponsors
I was assuming it was the voltage but wasnt sure if that needed to be the same to match the oven, not necessarily just the correct size but the right resistance etc..
Functionally, yes, the resistance specifically has to match, which is directly related to the measurements we discussed (resistance is directly related to the amount of material).

During the furnace design phase, elements are sized based on surface loading - that is, how many watts/cm^2. All heating elements have a maximum surface loading, past which they will burn up. Generally, element designers like to design to 80% or lower of surface loading. The voltage and current are set to achieve a certain power (Power = Current * Voltage),which is determined based on the furnace chamber size, load size, etc.

Anywho, the long and the short of it is, as long as you give us an accurate OD, OAL, and spiral length, you are in the clear :)

A

Amral

Do you have elements for Mihmvogt Tabeo and Thermo-star Gmbh furnaces?
Best of luck, I hear a great deal about you guys.

OP
Dental Furnace Elements

Dental Furnace Elements

Sponsors
Do you have elements for Mihmvogt Tabeo and Thermo-star Gmbh furnaces?
Best of luck, I hear a great deal about you guys.
Sorry for the late reply on this one - somehow the notification email got buried in my inbox.

I looked through our sales history, and we have not sold those elements before. That said, we can have any element made pretty easily. Are these SiC or MoSi2 elements? MoSi2 are u-shaped where SiC elements are typically tube shaped.

A

Amral

They are MoSi2 U shaped, Please share your email address and I'll send you more details.

Guest Room
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Chat Bot:
    Room has been pruned!
    Chat Bot: Room has been pruned!
    Top Bottom