Looking for the correct heating elements and thermocouple

boboyrobert

boboyrobert

Reaction score
Our zirconia is coming out white and opaque all the sudden. I have heard that elements can release some sort of chemical that will compromise the Esthetics of the zirconia. I wanted to post a picture here of the element (yes it's broken, very brittle when removing) so you guys can let me know if you see signs of a bad element. I think I see flakes but I wanted to double check with you guys.

R

rookiee

Reaction score
Manufacturer of furnace has them for sure....

user name

user name

Reaction score
@boboyrobert
You havent been running a purge cycle! The elements do indeed build up nasty stuff that needs to be burned off.
A typical cycle would be
heat.JPG

user name

user name

Reaction score
Essential reading...

Attachments

• sinter 1.pdf
    794.2 KB · Views: 20
  • sinter 2.pdf
    113.1 KB · Views: 15
  • sinter 3.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 15
user name

user name

Reaction score
Now that you know, youll take better care of your new elements, eh? At nearly $1000 bucks a piece (full retail),youll need a more economical source?

You can thank @zero_zero for the links.

boboyrobert

boboyrobert

Reaction score
Now that you know, youll take better care of your new elements, eh? At nearly $1000 bucks a piece (full retail),youll need a more economical source?

You can thank @zero_zero for the links.
Thanks for the source. I just got some for our other furnace as backup. Only 160 bucks a piece for our zycromat. Do they last as long as the other ones I bought from ivoclar do you think? Like you said, ivaclar's were pricey.

user name

user name

Reaction score
Thanks for the source. I just got some for our other furnace as backup. Only 160 bucks a piece for our zycromat. Do they last as long as the other ones I bought from ivoclar do you think? Like you said, ivaclar's were pricey.
Where would you guess Ivoclar are getting theirs? Im betting theyre every bit as good if not the same source.