Looking for Tack/EZ or info on a work around

M

mmcdon55

Reaction score
Hey everyone, we got a repair in and the part we is apparently no longer being made. Our denture tech asked me to post to see if anyone possibly has one sitting in the dark corners of the parts cabinet. I'm not familiar with this part at all but if anyone is and has a either the part or any kind of work around you would be a real hero. Thank you in advance.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone, we got a repair in and the part we is apparently no longer being made. Our denture tech asked me to post to see if anyone possibly has one sitting in the dark corners of the parts cabinet. I'm not familiar with this part at all but if anyone is and has a either the part or any kind of work around you would be a real hero. Thank you in advance.
Can I ask you to explain what it is, what it does, what it helps with or something about it as I find nothing on the interwebs about it to have a clue of the problem to try to figure out a workaround.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Have your Denture tech come on and tell what they need. Your post doesn't make any sense.

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Tack EZ T34 was a product from Whaledent, a cylindrical tube housing a loaded spring and piston head that would engage an undercut when place next to it and secured to a framework. Pretty neat device, only issue was to change out, they had a weird driver, picture a flat driver with a cut out to go around piston type head, kinda weak and a problem.

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
Tack EZ T34 was a product from Whaledent, a cylindrical tube housing a loaded spring and piston head that would engage an undercut when place next to it and secured to a framework. Pretty neat device, only issue was to change out, they had a weird driver, picture a flat driver with a cut out to go around piston type head, kinda weak and a problem.
Meant to add, did in fact think about looking for parts for you and realized I had no more places anymore to look for it, a lot has changed in the last 10 -15 years for me but all good 🙂, just purged a ton of stuff.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Meant to add, did in fact think about looking for parts for you and realized I had no more places anymore to look for it, a lot has changed in the last 10 -15 years for me but all good 🙂, just purged a ton of stuff.
So I take it they've been discontinued?

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Th
There are other similar systems. The clic system developed by our own @Dominick comes to mind.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
I still don't get it....it's a precision attachment for a cast RPD? Like a Dawson or Compass attachment?

Sda36

Sda36

Reaction score
So I take it they've been discontinued?
Not sure Doris, last time I can recall using them was about 15 years ago. I believe now its Coltene/Whaledent but have not looked into their catalog. Was a very upstanding company back then. Enjoy your sunsets!🙂

Top Bottom