Looking for software to convert CDT to STL

N

newdeal99

Reaction score
I have been looking over the internet for days, seems like there are a few options to convert a CDT to an STL but I can't get any of them working, or I can't find the correct software, or I can find the software but it needs a licence that is expensive. Seems like the most likely way for me to do this for free is to get a program called Open Dental CAD that is an add on for blender that would allow me to do this. I saw some people on this forum have that and was hoping that they could share it with me? [email protected] is my email. I have a bluecam on 4.2 so I can't export to STL, and even if I wanted to spend thousands to upgrade to 4.5 so that I could export an STL I would also need to upgrade my cerec because my machine is the version just before the one that can go to 4.5 so I would need a new video card in order to upgrade, and also to pay patterson thousands of dollars for the software I am sure. Was just hoping someone could help me out?

sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
I have been looking over the internet for days, seems like there are a few options to convert a CDT to an STL but I can't get any of them working, or I can't find the correct software, or I can find the software but it needs a licence that is expensive. Seems like the most likely way for me to do this for free is to get a program called Open Dental CAD that is an add on for blender that would allow me to do this. I saw some people on this forum have that and was hoping that they could share it with me? [email protected] is my email. I have a bluecam on 4.2 so I can't export to STL, and even if I wanted to spend thousands to upgrade to 4.5 so that I could export an STL I would also need to upgrade my cerec because my machine is the version just before the one that can go to 4.5 so I would need a new video card in order to upgrade, and also to pay patterson thousands of dollars for the software I am sure. Was just hoping someone could help me out?
im certain someone will prob be able to help you out...but i dont have that answer quickly available. i could do some digging if need be....
however, i do want to know why youre sticking with Bluecam? and more importantly why you want to export bluecam in .stl?
the data doesnt transfer well, and the end result will be less than great....its that way even with omni and 4.5. sirona did a great job closing their system in so that even if it does export stl its terrible data.
feel free to PM me if youd prefer to answer privately. i will say, there are a host of other options out there right now. and the right lab would be able to offer you one heck of a better solution.

N

newdeal99

Reaction score
Well, I already own a bluecam and I don't really want to spend the money to switch to an omnicam. All I am looking for is to import an STL that I take of an arch to import it into blue sky bio in order to merge with a cbct scan in order to create a surgical guide. Because of that I don't think that it needs to be very high resolution. I could cbct the model to scan it and the resolution of that I am sure is worse by far but I don't own a cbct I refer the patient out to have the scan taken and so I either need to scan with my bluecam and convert to stl or take an alginate and have it digitized one way or another to get an stl from it. Seemed like the easiest way would be to convert the bluecam scan to an stl

Ahmad Al B

Ahmad Al B

Reaction score
.RST and ILAB files are easy to convert using delcam exchange. i'm not familier with a way for CDT.

N

newdeal99

Reaction score
I am pretty sure I can save as RST, how do I go about getting delcam exchange? Is it free?

A

Aaront596

Reaction score
Crossmanager will covert almost anything to STL or other formats. Great Program that will batch conversions and is quick. I use it constantly everyday.

Top Bottom