Looking for milling center to accept implants designed on Argen older scan bodies/Exocad

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
I have a 5 titanium custom abutments implants designed on Argen older scan bodies /Exocad, and now Argen has new scan bodies and don’t accept my stl files, they insist that I upgrade my Exocad software in order to install the new library on my system, ( my Exocad build is not compatible) upgrade cost thousands $$ now.
is there a milling center out there that could accept my stl files for titanium abutments? ( Argen older scan bodies could be nt trading? Not sure)
thanks

Last edited:
rkm rdt

rkm rdt

Reaction score
Maybe start a go fund me page.

Tayebdental

Tayebdental

Tayeb S. CDT
Donator
Reaction score
not to worry rkm, I have the funds, but thanks for the offer, upgrading is a long process at the moment

Last edited:
I

Ikon Dental

Reaction score
can you send an email with stl and info attached?

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
that sounds ridiculous, have you already designed the crowns? If its just milling an stl, why would they care what library you have?

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
custom titanium implants matters greatly what library you have, as the clocking, height of implant and base geometry during export can all change or vary from library to library, so finding this specific library will be important otherwise the case will have to be redesigned to be compatible with something else.

Affinity

Affinity

Donator
Reaction score
Sorry I missed that these were custom titanium abutments.. Ive dealt with this too, if youre locked out via a library, theres not much you can do..

DAL Claxton

DAL Claxton

Reaction score
I had the same problem with an older lab. TruAbutment had just retooled and updated all of their machines, so an abutment I did one day - doctor lost it at seating - then the next week, couldn't re-mill it. Not a fun time, especially since the crown over the abutment had a bredent attachment with a partial just made before seating to fit.

As for updating your Exocad, I'm not sure if you got quoted by your reseller yet, or maybe you weren't aware. Exocad has started a "refresher fee" that tops out how much you pay for the backlog of missing years of updating to one much lower cost, and then adds that to the cost to update for a year. So a dongle that was previous 6k+ to update could only be a couple K now. Still not fabulous, but with the new update Plovdiv, you can change your implant mid-design to a compatible base. No longer need to delete all the parts and go back to the implant detection any more.

I'd definitely ask them if you haven't talked to them in a while.

- Josh

Top Bottom