Looking for keyed plastic or silicone trays for pouring models!

D

Dwrek

Reaction score
Im in a high volume lab and im looking for those plastic trays (or silicone trays) that you pour models/impressions with a base that are keyed or scored! I have seen them in a few labs i just dont know the brand or the name of these trays! anyone got any suggestions on the product im thinking of or where to look?

D

Dwrek

Reaction score
and to be more specific they were flat

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
D

Dwrek

Reaction score
Yes! your way better at describing them than me! thats exactly what im loking for! now we just need to find out where to find them? :oops:

Doris A

Doris A

Solutions
Reaction score
Yes! your way better at describing them than me! thats exactly what im loking for! now we just need to find out where to find them? :oops:
Google dental model base formers and look at images, I found several that are a combination of what JMN showed and what we were talking about. But none that were just a flat piece of silicone.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I have some of the combo style, but never saw the flat kind which sould prettty handy!

Now I want some since you can put that on top of a wet model instead of inverting into the cavity style or filling the cavity with more stone after drying/triming.

D

Dwrek

Reaction score
Google dental model base formers and look at images, I found several that are a combination of what JMN showed and what we were talking about. But none that were just a flat piece of silicone.
I spent hours searching online doing exactly that, so I resorted to this forum to see if anyone knows of the flat ones!

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
@Dwrek make a large patty of stone and grind it flat and to the shape you want. Then using a burr or scalpel cut the groves how and where you want. Then box and bead and pour with 2 part silicone from any dental supplier. Now you can make as many and exactly what you want.

I made, that I recall, two things out of 2 part lab silicone. Non-slip dash stuff holder and can opener assistants.

Mike2

Mike2

Reaction score
Maybe these would work, I know what you are talking about. You could make them from duplicating silicone or some cheap lab putty. That is, if all you want is indexing marks. There are some on amazon, search dental base former. Like I said I know the flat ones but not sure there made anymore. Everything is magnets and ball bearings nowdays. Darn kids and their instachat and facegram, make em yourself. JK good luck!

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
These, but without sidewalls is what I'm imagining. It that right?

20191010_115313b.jpg

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
And @Mike2 beat me to it with the amazon link.

Looking at the prices, you might be better to just buy some and cut the sidewalls off than pay $100 for 2 liters of silicone depending on how many you need.

ps2thtec

ps2thtec

Donator
Reaction score
I checked a few catalogs and found this from ren fert. Probably not it.

A17C6DA6-D7AF-458D-9DC3-10E3C3E986A0.jpeg

D

Dwrek

Reaction score
I have found them! Lucky I was able to contact the lab where I saw them and got them to send me pictures of the product! I’m still a noobie so don’t make fun of me because they are articulator mounting systems! I was confused because they only used them to pour their models and they took them off and articulated them the old fashioned way... but regardless here they are!

Attachments

• 3A1E6B47-CB4C-4017-81F7-972AA5851EA0.jpeg
    3A1E6B47-CB4C-4017-81F7-972AA5851EA0.jpeg
    85.4 KB · Views: 37
  • 706892E4-FDD9-4453-A75B-D38D81F670E3.jpeg
    706892E4-FDD9-4453-A75B-D38D81F670E3.jpeg
    109.1 KB · Views: 36
John in Canada

John in Canada

Reaction score
Make your own. Pour up a stone base then trim to the size you want with the keys, and do a suck down with Proform sports guard material.

Top Bottom