Looking for advice on a mill

D

drforbesdmd

Reaction score
Hi All,

Looking to get a mill for my office. Want to mill splints, PMMA, full arch zirconia. Would be nice to mill CoCr/Ti but not sure if the price difference would be worth it honestly. I have narrowed it down to the 5x400 or the imes 150 pro. Wildcard could be the AG Motion 2. If you own these machines please share your experience with them.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
honestly? instead of considering in that pool of 3 mills the imes 150, consider instead the imes 350.

but definitely choose the 5x400.

D

drforbesdmd

Reaction score
honestly? instead of considering in that pool of 3 mills the imes 150, consider instead the imes 350.

but definitely choose the 5x400.
well the imes 350 mills CoCr/Ti while the 5x400 does not. Still recommend the 5x400 over that?

alfredmorad@gmail.com

[email protected]

Reaction score
drforbesdmd
We have several machines to choose from, the 5x450 can do what you are looking for also, I will have your Account Manager call you. His name is Greg Rittichier.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
i get it, you want a machine that can do it all. you want to be capable of metals. you want some value.

my advice is to not do that.

metals and metal manufacturing is not as simple and straightforward as plastics or ceramics. leave metals alone or budget for metals as a growth opportunity, NOT in the growth you currently seek.

send your bars to panthera until you can afford the right machine and have the background to know what makes a good mill.

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
What about mill for mostly premill ti-abutments, pmma, peek and hybrid ceramic?

brayks

brayks

Sponsors
Reaction score
RedMachineOnlyHead.png

We released the new Versamill 5X450 at LabDay Chicago 2020 and it was met with great interest.

The Versamill 5X450 falls nicely between the Versamill 5X400 and the Versamill 5X200.

With the following features, the Versamill 5X450 is a great choice for not only traditional crown & bridge applications, but also fo the fabrication of custom abutments made from titanium pre-milled blanks (from NT-Trading, DESS, Medentika, & ARUM),dentures and restorations made from titanium CAD/CAM discs.
- Higher speed rotary axis performance vs Versamill 5X400
- 260Kg cast and fabricated frame
- 1.28kW/20.0Ncm torque spindle
- 15.0mm diameter ballscrews

This machine is priced from $59,500 Click Here to learn more.

FixtureCollage.jpg

5X-450_0.metal.JPG

5X-450_0.denture 2.jpg

5X-450_ISO_RED_HEAD  LOGO.png

C

[email protected]

Reaction score
Highly recommend the Versamill from Axsys, these guys are good and the machine is solid. We had Imes Icore in the past and the Versamill is a better mill. The support of Axsys is very good. Imes support is terrible.

tehnik

tehnik

Reaction score
I don´t see that they are any way in Europe. Whats the difference with Arum machines?

Last edited:
CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
I don´t see that they are any way in Europe. Whats the difference with Arum machines?
before @brayks blows a gasket, there is a significant difference between Arum and Versamill. Versamill starts life as an Arum but Axsys adds and modifies to the machine to give better stability, longevity, and quality. while i know of no direct outlet for Versamill in Europe, maybe @brayks can organize something for you specifically.

brayks

brayks

Sponsors
Reaction score
Thanks CLH. You are exactly correct re: the Versamill (and the gasket) 😀
more information can be found on our website.
Relative to Europe, we do have a distribution partner in Croatia.

Top Bottom