Looking for a new repair acrylic

M

mmcdon55

Reaction score
We were using the Lucitone 199 repair acrylic from Dentsply and unfortunately it is discontinued. I'm looking for any suggestions for a new product to replace it. I've seen Snow Rock Turbo Fix mentioned but just wanted to check if there is anything else anyone would recommend.

K

keroassidy

Reaction score
After many trials I have found Excel Formula repair material by St George technologies to be
my hands done favorite. to be clear, I only use repair materials for salt and pepper flippers and repairs.
I dont use for partials or full dentures. I love the way it handles and its strength. Pricey but worth it!

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
We use Probase Cold by Ivoclar for Ivocap, and Diamond D. For clear we use Excel Formula.

John in Canada

John in Canada

Reaction score
Been using ivoclar probase for years both the clear and the us/l (pink)
I’ve got a 1 pound jar of 199 I think I’ve used once. Hmmmm, wonder what that’s worth, lol.

M

MasterCeramist

Reaction score
We currently use Uhler dental supply pour acrylic for repairs in original and light shade. Don’t care for their actual repair acrylic though. Works very nice

K

keroassidy

Reaction score
That old orange acrylic comes in handy when you're repairing an old orange denture

LGTCDT

LGTCDT

Reaction score
Probase Cold. It cures in warm water without the need for a pressure pot.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
Probase Cold. It cures in warm water without the need for a pressure pot.

We use probase cold, and the instructions say to cure in a pressure pot for 15 minutes.
Do you get any porosity just putting it in warm water?

Denturion

Denturion

Reaction score
Snowrocks turbofix, sets up in 3 minutes. Super fast and i can cold cure a partial with it as well. Strong stuff too.

Flipperlady

Flipperlady

Reaction score
The manufacturer whose name rhymes with "pigs fly" or "My Sharona" ;-) is bombarding me with email ads suddenly. Are they having hard times after they dumped the techs who supported them for decades and now have to base their whole business model on direct sales to dentists? If they want my business ever again as a lab, I want free stuff, as in free digital lab training, software, and grandfathered in to special pricing on everything, and a large box of the chocolate chip cookies you give out at the lab shows...

Top Bottom