Looking for Lab Looking for a metal RPD framework lab

model guy

model guy

Donator
Reaction score
It is almost amazing how low you can get a framework for these days. If your Drs don't care as long as long as it is good enough to stay in the mouth.
There have always been those labs out there. I remember taking a course many, many years ago and they suggested sending a case to one of these undercutting labs. Then take a clipping of the ad and a show the actual frame you recieved. I did this to a few of the most prevalent ads I would see. You all know the names and I would proudly display the same case That I produced next to any one of them.

Last edited:
JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
There have always been those labs out there. I remember taking a course many, many years ago and they suggested sending a case to one of these undercutting labs. Then take a clipping of the ad and a show the actual frame you recieved. I did this to a few of the most prevalent ads I would see. You all know the names and I would proudly display the same case That I produced next to any one of them.
DId you send the same model to them all?

C

CapeSolutions

Reaction score
None yet, have a lead but haven't ordered one yet.

I feel like I am on the verge of buying the equipment to do it myself. I can do it, I just hate them, metal polishing is the worst. Perfect framework with one minor defect and it is start all over or accidentally get carried away in an area or one porosity and it is start all over.
Have you tried the DLyte equipment for automatic polishing. We are the distributors.

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Have you tried the DLyte equipment for automatic polishing. We are the distributors.
I found a partner who does my frames. Thanks. My volume is so low I would never ROI any equipment.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
You can also hover your cursor (for PCs) or click the members avatar and you will get a pop up to start a conversation, a PM.

2-7-2022 7-58-04 AM.jpg

Last edited:
sidesh0wb0b

sidesh0wb0b

Donator
Reaction score
i think they had/have to make a few more posts before getting PM privileges.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
i think they had/have to make a few more posts before getting PM privileges.
You're right, they have to have at least 5 (I think). I didn't see that when I agreed with @Car 54

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
You're right, they have to have at least 5 (I think). I didn't see that when I agreed with @Car 54

Yes, I forgot about that, (didn't notice it) too. Thank goodness Sidebob is on the ball :)
That should teach you, never be to quick to agree with me. LOL :)

Last edited:
bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
I found a partner who does my frames. Thanks. My volume is so low I would never ROI any equipment.
At one time I was going to start making my own frames because labs got so bad for awhile. Acquired some equipment. Then it dawned on me, with the market price, and all the labor, better to just stop selling cast partials.
It worked itself out with a different lab, but sometimes it's better to cut the menu than try to increase kitchen staff.

Doris A

Doris A

Donator
Solutions
Reaction score
At one time I was going to start making my own frames because labs got so bad for awhile. Acquired some equipment. Then it dawned on me, with the market price, and all the labor, better to just stop selling cast partials.
It worked itself out with a different lab, but sometimes it's better to cut the menu than try to increase kitchen staff.
We tell the Drs to have the frameworks made and we will be happy to set teeth and finish the partial for them. Works out great for us.

bigj1972

bigj1972

Reaction score
We tell the Drs to have the frameworks made and we will be happy to set teeth and finish the partial for them. Works out great for us.
I had a client that did that. Was great. Terrible frames, but not my problem.

R

RemovAble

Reaction score
Dental Design Studio in Santa Rosa CA does a fantastic job on frameworks. I know I'm late to the party, but thought I'd throw my 2c in.

Top Bottom