Looking for Lab Looking for a metal RPD framework lab

D

Davesgone

Reaction score
I sub out all my cast metal frameworks. Any good frame labs out there?

evanosu

evanosu

Reaction score
I sub out all my cast metal frameworks. Any good frame labs out there?
I can assist you, where's your lab located? Bego and Vitallium 2000 frames available. Under $79

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
I can assist you, where's your lab located? Bego and Vitallium 2000 frames available. Under $79
Hand wax or print to cast? Just curious. Can you pm me your contact info?

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Been using 3drpd and have been having a hell of a time with the frames, something is always wrong or does not fit properly.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
Been using 3drpd and have been having a hell of a time with the frames, something is always wrong or does not fit properly.
You Should Know

3d printed metals have different Memory, density, and finishing characteristics than cast. your first dozen frames will feel a little weird. don't panic, it is a growing and learning opportunity.

design will be key in creating clasps with proper retention bends, and rests that finish properly.

this is because the metal coming from the 3d printer is of a different grain, purity, and orientation. this is especially true for titanium which has 3 types: Alpha, Alpha-Beta, and Beta.

in puck format your medical/dental titanium is Alpha-Beta mixture. this allows the material a certain amount of hardness, toughness, flexibility, and treatability. this is why milling ti is so important to use coolant - the workpiece hardens when heated because it contains both alpha AND beta grains. purely alpha or beta material compositions of purity can make milling and casting difficult, as one can be hardened but will warp, and the other cannot be hardened with water but will not warp.

3d printed materials are of the hardenable-but-prone-to-warping variety.

so if you grind on it and spark the bejebus out of it, expect it to not fit afterwards.

the same is true for cocr but to a lesser extent.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Not the first time I've heard that 3drpd specifically has issues with fit.

It may be a materials issue, but if it doesn't go on the model, it ain't my issue when I outsource frame making to get a frame that fits the model I supply.

S

skoo9382

Reaction score
i've used 3DRPD for years, and you have to understand the composition of the metal is much different than the traditional method of using what we used to use (Wironium CrCo from Bego). Design of the partial is the major factor in determining the fit of the partial. There was quite a bit of a learning curve at first, but once you know your boundaries and of what you/they can produce, you can get some really nice fitting partials.

that being said, i'll never miss making refractory models, waxing, casting, divesting, etc, etc, etc. I have major respect to those who still do and it is truly a skill and artwork. Designing on 3shape and sending to be fabricated is much much easier for someone lesser talented and not as patient as me, but still have the knowledge of how a framework should be designed.

I've also been using Fusion Digital Solutions and have been happy with the fit of their partials as well.

(This is all assuming you have a 3shape machine to scan and design of course. I apologize if this was all for naught.)

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
i've used 3DRPD for years, and you have to understand the composition of the metal is much different than the traditional method of using what we used to use (Wironium CrCo from Bego). Design of the partial is the major factor in determining the fit of the partial. There was quite a bit of a learning curve at first, but once you know your boundaries and of what you/they can produce, you can get some really nice fitting partials.

that being said, i'll never miss making refractory models, waxing, casting, divesting, etc, etc, etc. I have major respect to those who still do and it is truly a skill and artwork. Designing on 3shape and sending to be fabricated is much much easier for someone lesser talented and not as patient as me, but still have the knowledge of how a framework should be designed.

I've also been using Fusion Digital Solutions and have been happy with the fit of their partials as well.

(This is all assuming you have a 3shape machine to scan and design of course. I apologize if this was all for naught.)
3dprd is the one that does the designing and it comes out wrong every time I gave them another shot recently and am now having to remake a few of them somewhere else.

R

Richard Chun

Reaction score
Any new sources available for good quality RPD frames?

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
Any new sources available for good quality RPD frames?
None yet, have a lead but haven't ordered one yet.

I feel like I am on the verge of buying the equipment to do it myself. I can do it, I just hate them, metal polishing is the worst. Perfect framework with one minor defect and it is start all over or accidentally get carried away in an area or one porosity and it is start all over.

model guy

model guy

Donator
Reaction score
I can’t touch a $79 framework. I do all frames by hand. I can cast in either Bego Wironium alloys or vitallium 2000(though once my stock in vitallium is gone, it’s gone because I’m no longer offering any product from Dentsply.) I have examples posted in the removables forums or contact me for case photos. I’m in the north east so take that into consideration.

2000markpeters

2000markpeters

Reaction score
We use Wironium. All hand made. $215 per frame. Lots of labs send to us. Located in Toronto, canada

JKraver

JKraver

Reaction score
I can’t touch a $79 framework. I do all frames by hand. I can cast in either Bego Wironium alloys or vitallium 2000(though once my stock in vitallium is gone, it’s gone because I’m no longer offering any product from Dentsply.) I have examples posted in the removables forums or contact me for case photos. I’m in the north east so take that into consideration.
It is almost amazing how low you can get a framework for these days. If your Drs don't care as long as long as it is good enough to stay in the mouth.

K

Kevin Crane

Reaction score
Crane Dental Lab, Rochester NY. We are available for lab frame outsourcing. Print to cast or analog if you prefer.

Top Bottom