Looking for Lab Looking for a lab to Mill emax

WaxOnScanOff

WaxOnScanOff

Reaction score
My lab is looking for someone who can accept stl. digital designs and press Mill full cast contour crowns and veneers out of emax. The guy we have been using is getting out of the game so we'd really like to find someone quickly. We are located in southern Kansas. If there's any interested parties, please leave a comment and some contact info and I'll reach out to you this week.

Thank you!

Edited to reflect accuracy as clarified below - CHL

Last edited by a moderator:
Travis

Travis

Nothing to see here
Staff member
Reaction score
Moved this to the current forum.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
I would be happy to see if we could help you out. We have a Zenotec Mini to mill our your patterns and a EP3000 Press. My email is [email protected].

RDA

RDA

Reaction score
My lab is looking for someone who can accept stl. digital designs and press full cast crowns and veneers out of emax. The guy we have been using is getting out of the game so we'd really like to find someone quickly. We are located in southern Kansas. If there's any interested parties, please leave a comment and some contact info and I'll reach out to you this week.

Thank you!
Talk to Adam at http://www.rutherforddentallab.com/

PDC

PDC

Reaction score
My lab is looking for someone who can accept stl. digital designs and press full cast crowns and veneers out of emax. The guy we have been using is getting out of the game so we'd really like to find someone quickly. We are located in southern Kansas. If there's any interested parties, please leave a comment and some contact info and I'll reach out to you this week.

Thank you!

I just don't see how this would be cost effective. It would seem like it would be cheaper to have a blue block milled and then crystallized rather than milling wax, investing, pressing, devesting, etc.

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
I just don't see how this would be cost effective. It would seem like it would be cheaper to have a blue block milled and then crystallized rather than milling wax, investing, pressing, devesting, etc.

Pressed emax is stronger...other than that, I agree with you. We press all our emax because we don't have a mill that can mill it.

CatamountRob

CatamountRob

Banned Member
Reaction score
You can mill one unit from a block, how many units can be pressed from an ingot?

Last edited:
PDC

PDC

Reaction score
Pressed emax is stronger...other than that, I agree with you. We press all our emax because we don't have a mill that can mill it.
You can milk one unit from a block, how many units can be pressed from an ingot?

2 valid points. I outsource my milling so it really doesn't matter to me how many crowns can be milled from 1 block...price is the same for me. The more milled stuff I do, the lazier I get. When compared to the pressed process, the digital route is just so much faster and easier. I prefer less labor for the few bucks I might save.

WaxOnScanOff

WaxOnScanOff

Reaction score
I did actually mean that we want it milled form a blue block. No pressings. My mistake.

CoolHandLuke

CoolHandLuke

Idiot
Solutions
Reaction score
in that case i will see what i can do to edit so it reads Milled Emax instead of Pressed.

K

Kris

Reaction score
My lab is looking for someone who can accept stl. digital designs and press Mill full cast contour crowns and veneers out of emax. The guy we have been using is getting out of the game so we'd really like to find someone quickly. We are located in southern Kansas. If there's any interested parties, please leave a comment and some contact info and I'll reach out to you this week.

Thank you!

Edited to reflect accuracy as clarified below - CHL
We are in Michigan. We have two mills that mill e.max quite well. How many are you talking? ish?

Brett Hansen CDT

Brett Hansen CDT

Reaction score
Actually, the milled is stronger 530Mpa for milled versus 470Mpa for pressed.

Or the Core3D in Troy, Michigan?

Patrick, has this always been the case? I distinctly remember pressed being stronger than milled when we were considering the pros and cons of pressing vs milling with emax.

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
Patrick, has this always been the case? I distinctly remember pressed being stronger than milled when we were considering the pros and cons of pressing vs milling with emax.

We used to advertise the minimum values for the materials (basically what the ISO standard was for the type of material it was),now with other companies advertising either their highest values or average values, we have gone to that as well. These are the average values we got from more than 18K samples and tests for the first 11 years of production (we take and test 10 samples from every batch of material made to ensure it meets or exceeds the ISO standard or our stated values).

Patrick Coon

Patrick Coon

Reaction score
hmmm, is that Mike Girard's old place?

Yes, it was Diadem, then Wieland Precision Technology, then Ivoclar Vivadent - Troy (just name change from WPT),now Core3D owns it.