Looking for a good millable 98mm night guard material.

Getoothachopper

Getoothachopper

Reaction score
Iv'e never bothered with these before, but my wife needs a new acrylic (hard) nightguard . I'm sure there is a millable material which is equivalent ,,,,,,what do you guys like to use , many thanks in advance for any replies .

doug

doug

Reaction score
We used the clear material that Ron @ T & D sells to make my wife's splint. Seems to be holding up pretty well so far.

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
We used the clear material that Ron @ T & D sells to make my wife's splint. Seems to be holding up pretty well so far.
How long has it been since you made it?

John in Canada

John in Canada

Reaction score
I’ve never milled one, but I know a lab owner who does/has. He uses Clear Splint. In Canada it just doesn’t make sense yet to mill them when you figure cost of material, design charges, model printing,etc unless you do it entirely virtually which is what he is doing. But since it’s for your wife probably not an issue. Call Astron, ask for sample material and they’ll send you one. Doesn’t get better than that!

2thm8kr

2thm8kr

Beanosavedmysociallife
Reaction score
How long has it been since you made it?
We have many that have been in service for a few years. The only ones I am aware of that have broken are thin designs that patient requested.

Chalky

Chalky

Reaction score
i mill Astron Clearsplint... much more versatile than PMMA. quite a bit more expensive though too!
We're doing about 35-40 a week

rc75

rc75

Sponsors
Reaction score
I sell the standard Clear PMMA - $23 Any size.

Car 54

Car 54

Donator
Reaction score
It's ok for the misunderstanding, John. I've been there, done that and will be doing it again....probably way to soon :)

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
It's ok for the misunderstanding, John. I've been there, done that and will be doing it again....probably way to soon :)
Me too. I have to go look sometimes to see who's attached where.

John in Canada

John in Canada

Reaction score
Theres so many labs with rock bottom in my opinion stupidly low pricing, it just blew my mind. Didn't even consider the possibility he is a supplier. haha.