Looking for a Burnout Furnace with the smallest footprint

TMNT120

TMNT120

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Hopefully someone can help me out here. I'm planning on challenging my RDT practical exam this summer and need to ship a bunch of stuff across the country from Ontario, Canada to British Columbia. The two heaviest items are a porcelain furnace and a burnout furnace.

I need to find the smallest possible burnout furnace since I've heard counter space is at a premium during these exams, plus shipping a smaller furnace would save me some money on shipping.

From my research, I've found a few that seem to fit the criteria:

Jelenko burnout Furnace - ebay listing

Huppert Mighty Midget

Kerr 308 Series

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with these burnout furnaces?

Also, if anyone knows of other burnout furnaces (ie. jewelry) that may also be suitable that would be great!

JMN

JMN

Christian Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Hopefully someone can help me out here. I'm planning on challenging my RDT practical exam this summer and need to ship a bunch of stuff across the country from Ontario, Canada to British Columbia. The two heaviest items are a porcelain furnace and a burnout furnace.

I need to find the smallest possible burnout furnace since I've heard counter space is at a premium during these exams, plus shipping a smaller furnace would save me some money on shipping.

From my research, I've found a few that seem to fit the criteria:

Jelenko burnout Furnace - ebay listing

Huppert Mighty Midget

Kerr 308 Series

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with these burnout furnaces?

Also, if anyone knows of other burnout furnaces (ie. jewelry) that may also be suitable that would be great!
I'm not going to suggest a model number, but see if you can find a inlay/onlay oven that a older dentist may have in storage. Most of those were well under 30cm in all directions, small enough to fit in most backpacks even.

sndmn2

sndmn2

Reaction score
Anyone maybe local to that area have a spare you could use ? Ship your equipment across the country for a test ? Really ? Is that the way its done ? Tell them your not an exhibitor at a trade show.

TMNT120

TMNT120

Reaction score
Anyone maybe local to that area have a spare you could use ? Ship your equipment across the country for a test ? Really ? Is that the way its done ? Tell them your not an exhibitor at a trade show.

The local college where the exams are being held does have some limited equipment on hand that they 'may' allow candidates to use from the info package I received. I've tried giving the program coordinator a call to arrange something ahead of time without much success getting through. I'd rather not chance it since I've spent quite a bit on travel and accommodation already. Flying out again next year to challenge the exam again because I had to rely on someone else's equipment would be disappointing. The college specifically states in they expect candidates to be entirely self-sufficient in providing materials and equipment for the exam. We're expected to provide our own articulators, alloys, porcelains... you name it....

Top Bottom